He rejected me but now he's following me around and acting desperate?

My coworker and (both in our early 30s) I were really close (Jim/Pam-like) for just under a year. Talked all the time, spent a ton of time together, confided, etc. people joked that we were together because we were that close. About a month ago I told him I'd be open to dating him - he took a few days to respond but then told me that he doesn't see me that way. We didn't speak for a few weeks. Now we are speaking again (he emailed me and said he missed me) but I've began to distance myself - not answering all his emails, never initiating, etc. now, though, he is being extremely attentive. He's trying so hard and he's almost acting desperate and that's extremely out of character for him. I saw him check me out the other day and he keeps asking me questions about myself that he never did before. Why is he not scared of leading me on by acting like this? What is going on?

11

What Guys Said 1

• if any one rejected you on first time then give chance on second time excluding sex again he rejected you then forget about to give another chance because guys will take a sexually revenge so be care full..

What Girls Said 1

• I think he did like you when you asked him out but was insecure and vulnerable and afraid to act on it - I used to be like that too when I was 18 - if a guy asked me out - I would get excited and nervous and reject him and then chase after him later after that. Maybe he has never had a girlfriend before and this is why he acts the way that he does.