Not ready for an exclusive relationship?

So there's this guy that I have had a crush on and we have been talking and went on a few dates. We've kissed and hooked up a couple times, but recently when we were on another date, he said he was ready to take the next step and he asked me to be his girlfriend. I was really caught off guard and didn't know what to say. I just told him I'll get back to him later about it. I feel really bad, since he looks like he really likes me. But the problem is, I'm not sure if I'm ready for an exclusive relationship with a boyfriend. I've dated off and on before, but I've been hurt and really don't want to get hurt like that again. Please help. What should I tell him? I really like him too, but I'm afraid of being hurt. What should I do?

Most Helpful Girl

• Tell him exactly that, that you like him too but you're scared of getting hurt. If you think you need to slow it down, just tell him that, if he really likes and care for you, he will wait/support/respect your feelings on that

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 0