7 year age gap?

I'm 18 and the guy I like is 25. I was just wondering if you guys think this is a big age gap, or is it normal?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah that's fine. It can work! I don't know why some people make a huge fuss over age gaps

• Thanks for most helpful. Good luck with your guy

• Np :) and thank you I am hoping things work out 🙏🏻

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 13

• If I was a girl, 10 years would be maximum. Bigger than that and our understandings about society and what we define as fun could differ so much that it might lead to an eventual collapse of a relationship.
    In your case, I don't thing the age gap is big.

• My girlfriend is 24, so... I'd be good with it.

• Not really a big deal, no. At 20, I was with a 27 yr old... and for a one nighter, I've had a LOT bigger age gap than that!

• That is not a big age gap. I am well over 40, my girlfriend is 20. I know a married couple with a 30 year age gap and they are happy.

• It depends on how mature both of you are and where you are in life. If the 25 year old has a job with his own home and the 18 year old lives at home with no job and in education YES its a big gap.

• We both have jobs. Not sure what he lives like.

• age doesn't matter but remember that the older person might be looking for more serious stuff and I'm not saying you are immature but sometimes immaturity does seem to seep in

• To me, this guy acts about the same age as me. Bit immature.. but funny.

• I hear you. though I guess be sure of what you want.

• Nah.. it would be diffrent if u were a boy tho.

• Not a small gap but it's not too big. Things can work ;)

• this is fine, there's couples out there with decades of difference age wise, and this was really common by the past

• When I was 25, teenage girls just didn't exist for me.

• Are you really 70?

• 70 and on the internet? Mad props. Most people struggle at that age.

• @Ephemera1
      When I was doing a student job at 18 I punched cards, bringing them to a mainframe to get a nice listing.
      I learned myself to program in DOS when I was 40, only to teach it to our son.

Later -on the job- they took one of my secretaries away and gave me a desktop PC
      Since my very first computer, I've had 10 computers to manage. (Those for my wife and son included)

• Age is just a number. However no one wants to be a paedophile.

• How would that make him a paedophile? 18 is the age where you turn to an adult.

• So this is my opinion that this age gap is very much. I even don't think of girls who are 2 years younger than me.

Think about the difference in age of a father and a daughter although daughter turn 18 or 19 or 20 or more , but someone of your father's age would definitely not have a good feeling about dating her even though she is 30. That is big age gap in between.

However, If you both love each other its okay. As I said age is just a number.

• Also, sometime people of same age have a very bad ending and people of big age gap live happily. This all depends on true love, respect and trust.

• It's big gap

• I think it's ok, just can't go to certain places together

• What do you mean?

• Oh well that's probably a normal age gap there since women at 16 are legal there to have sex even , so I'm sure your age gap is nothing

• 😁 thank you 👌🏻

What Girls Said 7

• If you were older I would say no but considering you are only 18, I think it is too large of an age gap because he is more experienced than you.

• it's a big gap but age is just a number. I have a friend who is 29 and he is dating a girl who is 18

• Not weird... I'm 19, and my wife is 26

• It's fine.

• If the love is there age is just a number <3

If you need cheering up have a look at my Qs :D

• I dated a guy with 30 years gap... So 7 years its almost samw age

• it's not the age. it's more about the point where you are in your lives. you're just done with high school while he's already working a full time job. if you get what I mean. unless, you can confirm you're already mentally grown up.

• I finished high school 2 years ago as I'm in the U. K. I've been to college and now I have a job. He has also got a job.