Why did she get so rude after I told her this?

I'm on this dating site. I don't pay too much attention to it though, and I don't expect any dates.

So I liked this girl's profile because i was attracted to her - well to her photo.

Turns out she's fat and the photo didn't show it, so I told her "Sorry, you're bigger than I thought".

I was being honest. She got really mad and blocked me lol

what the hell?

115

Most Helpful Girl

• That's the trouble with dating sites... the photos are often enhanced, angled and not representative of the actual person you are meeting. It is misleading when people do that and unfair to the person they are meeting. She should anticipate that reaction if she did not provide a photo that is a true representation of herself.

Most Helpful Guy

• You have a right to be honest and say how you feel, she has a right to not like what you say. You both acted true to your feelings, what's the problem?

What Girls Said 10

• Well, you're an asshole.

If you liked her face, and you liked her enough to have a convo with her, why should her weight define that? Doesn't make too much sense to me.

Plus, chances are she knows that she's larger set. You don't have to point it out. You could have said something else, and spared her the hurt feelings.

• Because as soon as I saw her weight, I was turned off.

I'm not interested in dating Java the Hutt.

• That completely understandable.

But you don't have to tell her that. Jut say that you aren't interested and you met someone else. Or just block her.

• While you could have been a little more eloquent in the delivery of that statement I think you're better to say something up front than waste anyone's time!

• It bothered her because she isn't confident enough, okay yeah so what she's not what your into your intilted to your opinion granted you shouldn't have worded it like that you should of approached it in a nicer way but if she was confident with herself she probably wouldn't have taken it so hard. on to the next 💁🏼

• Wouldn't you be offended if a girl said "sorry your dick is smaller then I expected"

• so, most girls are very sensitive to the words "big and fat"... And to be honest - I don't know anyone who wouldn't get offended by that.

• because it was rude

• You said nothing wrong. She felt insulted because she's insecure about her weight. You weren't rude. You just must have a preference for slimmer girls. I wouldn't date an overweight guy. That's my preference, so if anyone takes offense at that.. then so be it. Its not my problem

• I'd be upset too, whether or not someone is honest, or I am actually big, it's still hurtful to hear XD But usually when someone makes a comment like that, I just work harder to lose weight. It's good motivation.

• because you are a superficial prick. she dodged a bullet lol then again she should of posted legit pics of herself. perfect match, get married have babies yay.

• kool story

What Guys Said 4

• She's terribly insecure, hence why she gave deceiving pics on her profile. She knows she's fat and unattractive but tried to conceal it with misleading angles. You called her out on it, indirectly, and she got upset that another guy ditched her because of her size, which was what she was trying to avoid in the first place.

• women are extremely sensitive and receptive to that kind of things, specially weight, and pretty much all of them experience self esteem struggle at some point of their life, if not their entire life.

being honest is good, but having the tact of an tank division rolling over a house isn't good

understood?

• You were honest, and that didn't sit well with her. If the person to your left doesn't like what you're saying, just turn to the person on your right. Its a 50/50 deal, such is life.

• She was offended by you saying that to her