Why don't guys like romance books or movies or anything?

And if they don't what's the reason. And why won't they watch one with a girl they like?
Also I'm talking about teen boys like 13-15

41131

Most Helpful Guy

• If you're talking about younger boys or teens then it may be because they grow up with a culture that defines masculinity in a stricter way. Most men (not all) have a harder time expressing feelings. When you ask "how does it make you feel" it is possible for most men not to know at first. I see myself as very emotional, but I do realize it is hard to express my feelings. Other men are better at it than others. Nowadays people are progressing and this definition of masculinity isn't as strong, but it is still there. Because of the culture younger boys are not as interested in love or romance as much as girls. The girls culture is to aspire to love. And only care about love and marriage; this is still shown by the women being the more dominant audience to romance themes. But of course everyone is different and times are changing. This also doesn't mean if someone dislikes romance then they'll never like it or they won't ever find something they like.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• For the same reason girls don't like horror, gore, flailing, amputations, etc at 13-15.

Boys are boys. Girls are girls.

If you really wanna get theoretical plenty will tell you its primal. The man hunts, the woman cooks.

Frankly I thing it's just age. Few men enjoy romance films but with age comes great patience for sex. Whether that's sitting through titanic and getting to spoon at the car scene or whether it's a horror film and being the protector and hugging their girl for safety.

You are young. So are the boys. Just accept people are different.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • I disagree with you about only one aspect of what you wrote.
      Women, specifically teenage and early 20s women, are the largest audience for horror movies.
      Horror movies are tailored specifically for that audience.
      That is why the movies usually begin with a couple of hot cheerleaders being sliced and diced.
      The female audience, who are about that age, identify/empathise with the girls who are being killed in horrible ways on the screen, which gives the young female audience their first adrenalin fix during the movie.