Girls, Is it a turnoff for a guy to play video games?

Just wondering. I play pretty much every weekend with my friends. 4 or 5 hours on Friday and Saturday nights.

A lot of girls that I've seen got mad at me for playing, and I'm wondering if this is all girls, or just the ones I've dated. Some would try to get me to quit, but usually they found out the hard way that given the choice between the two, the girlfriend goes before the video games.

I feel like judging a guy for playing a lot of video games is like judging a girl for watching too much netflix... not really justified. What do you think? Turn on or Turn off?

• Yes it's a turnoff
  • Yes it's a turnoff, but only if he plays too much (define too much below)
  • No, it isn't a turnoff at all.
    Vote C
  • Other
    Vote D
  • I'm a guy/No opinion
    Vote E
Select a gender to cast your vote:

233

Most Helpful Girl

• I voted B. Too much would be playing more than 2 hours everyday. 2 hours every few days would still be annoying. My guy plays for longer but that's only once or twice a month. He will play for like 4 hours at the most even then. Just think of something a girl said she liked to do for 5. Like that's excessive for anything. Shopping would probably be something that could possibly take that much time. Even if it's just on the weekend. The girl gets annoyed mostly because she thinks it could be spent with her or on something productive. I play with my guy sometimes and that makes it more fun maybe teach her how to play.

Most Helpful Guy

• I play video games, but I know my priorities. And I have been single most of my life anyway. If I am in a relationship, I usually reduce my gaming time drastically, to spend time with her.

If somone does not want to date me JUST because I am a gamer, it's her loss not mine. I'd rather not be with someone THAT shallow and judgmental anyway.

What Girls Said 22

• Not a turn off. I play too so it would be better if he had that in common with me.
    If gaming got in the way of the rest of his life, like getting a job for example, that's where it becomes a problem.

• Isn't a turn off for me because my partner and I are gamers. If he wants to play with his mates (I play with them too most times but lately I cbf lol) I just go and have a nap. Because I'm also part cat 😂😂 sleep all day.

In your future partners you will need to find at least some common ground (ie girls who like to game) because it's not fair for non gamer gfs to try and make you give up something that's fun and makes you happy like gaming. That's just rude. And they're selfish.

• "Too much" as in almost every day. And when we are alone, he mostly talks about level ups of the different kinds of skill sets he would get later... u wouldn't date a girl who watches and gossips about soap operas a lot, would u? It may look like you prefer to live in an imagery world instead of striving to achieve things in real life. That exudes laziness and both girls/guys don't prefer that.

• *Imaginary (autocorrect's fault)

• My partner is super involved in a game at the moment... as in obsessed... where he watches YouTube videos on strats to get better every single day... and he does sit there and talk about the specs of EVERYTHING in this particular game (I find it boring most times and irritating because it makes me angry when I lose hahah) I sit there and listen anyway because he likes it so eh. Hahah give and take in relationships though. Who likes and gossips about soapies though?
      😨

• Sometimes after watching YouTube (I've already gone to bed hours ago) he will come in at like midnight and start talking to me about the game in bed 😂😂 just why. Hahah

• I play games too so no, not really, it gives us something in common. I enjoy that my boyfriend likes to game. If it got to the point where gaming always came before me and our time together though obviously that would piss me off.

• Not at all. Me and my boyfriend met online through gaming lol. The only thing that annoys me is how he is so much better than me at every game we play hahaha

• Just the ones you dated, and some doesn't like it. I love playing video games. My boyfriend and I plan a day just to play madden so it's like a Madden date night. I have met other girls that likes video games as well. So I'm pretty sure you will find a girl that wouldn't mind or she might like playing video games as well.

• No, Jacksepticeye

• thing is, if he is playing video games without you, and you are trying to spent time with him, especially when horny, then it's obviously going to be a massive turn off. But if he is including you (Not ignoring you) then it is completely fine, and I play games myself as well so it works

• depends on how much you play and how much attention you give her.

• I'd be a hypocrite if I said yeah because I love playing video games. It's not a turn off at all.

• Nope, they have an interest, so does the woman. More women need to stop complaining about that.

• No, it's not. At worst case if he play too much, we just need to buy another tv

• no it is not

• Nope I would probably ask to play with him as well as long as he teaches me how to play the video game his playing.

• Nope! I hope my next bf/gf plays video games too :)

• max 2 or 3 tops

• It's not a turn off at all. I'm a huge gamer myself (PC master race!) And I usually play 6-8hrs when I'm not busy with an anime or k-drama. I actually like it when dudes game too because then I can relate to them more

• nah, we can play together:)

• "Too much" as in he pays more attention to video games than he does to me

• if a guys is obsessed and plays with his friends and not her then its a turnoff

• After sex he doesn't cuddle are hang out he just goes straight to the other rooms to play games.

• Its turn on to me

What Guys Said 2

• A lot of them pull hissy fits over video games. They say they want a 'real man' whatever that means...

However video games are simply not productive... depends what your priorities are. If you wanna master a different endeavour, you probably won't have time for video games

• Not unless that's all you ever do