How is it dating someone with a large family/a lot of siblings?

Growing up, my mom always told me to not date someone with a lot of siblings or a large family. She says this because the siblings will affect the relationship. So I'm currently talking to this guy who has eight siblings. I like him, but I know my mom is not going to be approve. Plus, one of his younger brothers in is juvie. I was just thinking, what if we're dating and he tries to harm me or something? (I'm a paranoid/anxious person)

What do you think about it?

41

Most Helpful Guy

• Its good actually, people are closely bonded

Most Helpful Girl

• It can be a headache, the family will always be in your business and love life. Family feel like they have a big say in who their brother date. If they do not like the person, siblings will usually make it known and it can affect the relationship.

• That's what I'm saying. I only have one sibling. I like the guy, but I'm just scared about his family.

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Girls Said 3

• I have a big family my self so it doesn't bother me that my fiancĂ© has a big family too. Most times siblings don't get involved in the relationship and you only see them if you are at their house.

• Your mom was stereotyping something that unless she had a lot of siblings she knows nothing about My mom has 6 kids My dad had 13 (Yes he's a whore) I'm honestly only close to seven of my siblings and we all have different views about relationships I personally was a bully so I would tell girls You hurt my brother I will hurt you where as my twin brother minds his business everyone is different at best it's super fun at holidays at worst they never even see each other

• Bollocks