Have you experienced any horrible online dates? Have you been catfished?

share your stories lol πŸ˜‚

Most Helpful Guy

• Gave POF and Tinder a shot for a few months over a year ago. I got 30 dates in just over 4 months, but that number would have been double if I hadn't either caught or called out fatfish, or if I counted dates I walked out on. The reason? Fats who lied about being fat. I got good at telling about old or angled photos, but a few crafty bitches got around my radar and I actually showed up to meet them to find something that looked like it ate the girl I was expecting.

Ladies, this might work with a more timid man. But a word of advice? You never know when you're going to get the guy who can yell loud enough to call cadence for a battalion formation, who will use that volume to loudly announce, "Why did all your Tinder pictures look like you weigh 50 pounds less?"

Fuck your feelings. Lie to me, you're getting publicly fat shamed. Me? I'm moving on to thinner (better) women, and I will sleep like a kitten without a moment's further consideration or guilt.

Other than that, I discovered something. If a woman weighs what all women ought to weigh, and is young, there is a REASON she needs some form of online dating. There will always be a REASON that men IRL aren't hitting on her enough to fill her date nights with plans. And whatever that reason is, it's a reason you don't need to waste your time finding out. Men might need it, because women do not approach anywhere near the amount men do, but a woman needing online dating is broken. If they weren't, men would pick them up in person aplenty.

• Don't be a bully

• I am assuming you have a face like Johnny Depp, and a body carved as beautifully as the statue of David.

• I was thinking the same thing. Haha. Not one of these dudes dare have a photo on theirs.

Most Helpful Girl

• I've never joined a dating site , and never will. I don't trust people online. I need to get to know a guy in real life before I'd ever consider going on a date with him

I've heard of a few horror stories about online dating though. A guy tried to arrange a date with my cousins friends online, but he never showed any pictures of himself, except for one . He constantly asked for photos of her , but never showed any of himself. That's a dead giveaway you're being catfished. A sincere person will show you many photos to prove they are who they say they are. She'd caught him out on a few lies too. She didn't meet up with him, but played his game for a while.

The internet is known to be a psychopaths hunting ground, so I'd rather stay single than take my chances with a guy online. I'm in a loving relationship, but I have know him all of my life

What Guys Said 33

• You know, I've never been successfully catfished because they always seem so obvious to me, but one of my friend's mother is constantly being catfished online. It aggravates my friend so much because her mom is lonely, isn't bad looking, and personality wise isn't a bad catch. But the thing is, she's sort of addicted to catfish because they're always these older, attractive, virile types. When her daughter tried to open her an online dating account to introduce her to men, her mom was disgusted by all of them saying that they weren't good looking enough etc. It's almost like she would rather have the fantasy of talking to fake men than having to settle on a real guy?

• Met a girl with no teeth who tried making out with me until after she came from the bathroom, I noticed her nose were stuffed and eyes glazed over... I told her I don't like drugs nor trust people that do them. She slapped me in the face and said "I have a calcium deficiency. Asshole!"

• I've been catfished by few online friends but only one online relationship. The cute guy I was talking to was actually a fat black chick wanting to date a gay guy.
    I was heart broken lmao

• Mostly I just met a lot of nice women, but connected with very few. The worst might have been the woman who posted a picture that was about 10 years and 100 pounds old. That was the worst. Another woman who said "a few extra pounds" turned out to be about 5'3" and 250. And there was one women who contacted me, and I said no thanks. Then she went on a rant about how unfair it was that men were able to date younger women but she couldn't date younger men.

• Actually mostly good experiences.

- But they're a lot of odd women online
    - Overweight girls hiding their full portrait pics
    - women that just seem pissed off because they can't find a real relationship
    - a midget that wants a normal size person. She needs to be realistic, it's probably not going to happen
    - seeing the same women after not logging in for months. The same bimbos just there month after month

--> the ones I usually connect with and get lucky are the ones that I catch just floating by. Usually their accounts are gone after some time for good and I just got lucky to have come across her profile
    - still talk to a few from online, some friends actually and one I still like haha lol

• I have been catfished twice. First one was by some chick who didn't turn out to be who she posed as. Second, was a chick who turned out to be a dude. That dude was hella creepy. Spoke with a very deep voice and spoke of wanting to be dominated in the ass. Thankfully, I never go alone when it comes to meeting time. I hopped back into my cousins truck and we drove off.
    The chick didn't look anything like who she claimed to be and she was 16 not 18. She showed up with her mother and her mother was even persistent to try and get me to date her daughter. as far as dates go, I had one awkward one where the chick's father wasn't present at all times and she herself wasn't at all like the person I used to message over text.

• I've been mislead by pictures before from Online dating. I've met two different people who had lazy eyes which weren't shown in their pictures. And another girl with braces who only showed her without them. I understand that it is difficult to date with a few of these short comings especially with the online dating variety. But what I found was the dates did not end up going well not because of a small imperfection on her but because she lacked confidence which led to an awkwardness to the dates. One of the girl's with the lazy eyes was confident on the first date and ended up being really nice so I dated her for a few months and it didn't work out for other reasons. Anyway, what I'm trying to say is that not all dates are catfishes as I've met some really awesome people but I have been lucky enough to get some interesting dates as well.

• I had an attempted catfish - unluckily for them, I recognised the porn star they were using for their pictures and called them out on it. Blocked moments later.

Did once get chatting to this girl mid week and we messaged like crazy. Sharing so much and shared interests and we seemed to have an amazing connection. Then she went out drinking with her friends, came back and got really weird in her messages - like angry and bitter and saying I was just another jerk out to use her, etc etc. I kept telling her to just stop and go to bed, she didn't realise what she was saying and would regret it tomorrow. She kept going and in the end I told her fine, if that's what you think, that's your decision, and I logged off for the night. Never heard from her again, I bet she did indeed wake up the next morning and realise she'd thrown it all away.

• I have used several online dating sites and two of my friends also. What we all have seen in catfishes is the same pattern slightly altered. They tell you how much they want to settle down, marry and have children, how much they believe in God, usually their job is something humanitarian like a volunteer for unicef or a doctor in Africa, they tell you how hard life is for them and that they have fallen in love with you. Then they tell you they want to come and find you as soon as possible. One or two days later they message you that they are in the airport/train station/city center and have been robbed and need desperately money to get the flight back home. They want to return the money once they have arrived. And it is then when I bullshit them and tell them that I will give them the money only if they'll send me nudes. No reply. XD

• One guy I was talking to online thought he was a woman. I found his site where he was taking donations for his sex change operation before we met.

• I have to admit a friend of mine and I used to enjoy making up profiles and seeing who would show up for dates Our favorite was a 6' French blonde not looking for anything serious. We were howling with laughter at the guys who would show up.

• I always get to know them well online before meeting in person. So no i have never been catfished. I always find out way in advance.

www.rabb.it is a great online date for example, you can browse the internet together with voice and webcam view. And best of all its completely free.

• I met a girl on a cruise and afterwards I found out we liked each other and we had a relationship for about 4 months. We'd eat while skyping like we were on a date is that weird?

• When I was 13 I was dating some girl from Australia.

So for a few months she didn't wanna Skype me anymore.

She comes out and tells me that she was pregnant and kept me around for an ego boost :///

• I had been part of several dating sites for a few years. I recently decided that enough was enough and destroyed all my accounts. All the women I had talked to online either turned out to be scam artists pretending to be women or lead me on with no intention of ever meeting

• Almost all the people I seem to find online are fake or bots. This may just be a testament to the reality that I am unable to attract the attention of those I am seeking. FeelsBadMan

• Thank God I haven't

• yeah, she was wah way fatter in person

• Never.

• a long time ago, when i was around 18 or 19 i was catifished haha... i was so naive

• Met a girl off tinder who was supposedly was 24 but was actually 35 but she looked young tho!

• I can't think about a time that I been catfish lol

• she's fake and I was shocked, congrats dude.

• I have no stories sorry

• I was catfished by a fat girl who claim to be a victoria secret model

• no i haven't tried

• All dates & time is horrible for me. not online its real

• I once as a bit of fun started chatting to a woman online and I was enjoying having someone to chat to that was new and interesting but in the end she wanted to chat everyday and it became annoying so I broke her heart probably the worst any man ever had in her life because she really started to fall in love. So I had to end it. Wasn't nice in the end and wouldn't do it again.

• I got catfished once. Met a girl on some random dating app. Her pictures were great and she seemed to have a nice personality. I chatted with her for a few days. Eventually I started noticing contradictions in her story. Over time the contradictions became more obvious. When I confronted her she did not have a reasonable explanation. I never video chatted with her. Eventually I became convinced that she was not who she claimed to be and I cut off all communication.

• Yes, Girl forgot to mention she was in a wheelchair and her picture did not look like her, maybe 10 years ago... never got a word in.

• Ask anyone if they would actually date someone in a wheelchair. You're going to get an even ratio of 45, 45, 10. Liars who agree to be PC, people who can honestly say NO, and then the extremely small number who genuinely would. I don't blame the girl for withholding that bit until the first date. Now where I draw the moral line is whether or not she can have sex. If she can't deliver what is a basic need to MOST people, then I would have an issue with her hiding something like that.

• More from Guys
    3

What Girls Said 33

• Two different guy from POF basically assaulted me. One of them said on his prof that he was against drugs, but when I asked about the bong on the shelf and the crumbs of obvious weed on his table, he tried to shut me up with a random deep kiss out of nowhere. Pushed him away, and left. Reported and flagged his page.

Another one I had only been seeing for a week and the day I decided I wanted to accept his proposal to put a label on it, he invited me over to watch movies. In the middle of the show, he just flips me over, yanks off my pants and starts licking me down there. I started freaking out, he stopped, I left, that ended.

• Never been catfished but I met my ex and my current boyfriend online.

I started dating my ex before we had ever met in person. I had only ever seen pictures and been on voice chat with him. But I knew he was the "real deal" because we had a mutual friend who had met up with him before. I was with him for 3 years in a LDR.

I met up with my current boyfriend after only seeing one picture of him before. We had been close friends for 4 years first and then developed feelings. Again, the same guy was a mutual friend so it wasn't scary meeting him.

• I have been catfished, i didn't even want to do anything with that person because i did not believe in Online dating or havin an Online relationship.
    I thought i was talking to a GUY for a few years, and at the end i found out it was actually a GIRL (lesbian)..
    Luckily i never really had feelings for that person but it still hurt a little because i hate when people lie to me.

• omg a lesbian showing herself as guy? this is insane. even lesbians have to do like that?
      I thought they would have an easy time finding girls. coz they know how to pickup girls and satisfy them

• @realperson02 NO, they don't, we remained friends afterwards, but SHE STILL wanted me, and im like, dude, i AM NOT HOMOPHOBIC but it's wrong to TRY and make me feel GUILTY that i am not GAY in order to be with you, so i just blocked her ass -_- i hate when homosexuals THINK YOU owe them something... Im not being homophobic because i LOVE THEM but some of them exaggerate

• you know that's why I'm scared of gay men. I can be friends. but If they make sexual advances, I run almost as fast as Usain bolt.

• Catfished? No. But I've had multiple bad experiences from online dates... and a few decent ones. I was in a relationship with someone I met online for about 10 months. Someone else for 15-16 months. Another for about 12-13 months. And a few I vaguely dated for a month or so. (Over a 7-8 year period) I had a few particularly bad dates. A few who wanted to commit way quicker than I was ready for. A few who just plain creeped me out. And actually a few who went on to become really good friends.

• I used to get stalked by this extremely ugly morbidly obese Jewish guy who was in a relationship at the time. He kept saying he wanted to date me. I found out 5 years later - he wanted to murder me over comments I was making about Jewish people online and the "date" offer was just a trick for me to give out my home address. After years of stalking with no interest from me - he finally gave up his lies and told me flat out he was interested in hurting me and killing me this entire time. When I saw obese I mean over 350 pounds.

• I met a guy online. His profile said he was around 40 was single but had a 20 year old son. I found out his pic was about 15 years old. He was in his 50s and married. I would not have minded the age if he would have been honest about it up front. But the married thing... no. But there are a lot of married men online looking for casual sex... especially in their 50s and 60s

• Never been catfished... but I got to date only one guy I met online (I am kinda suspicious about meeting in reality a person with whom I talked only online ). This guy was ok, but we didn't get along very much... and we ended it very fast. Not a horror story, but something that will stay in my mind for long...πŸ˜‚

• horrible, no.
    forgettable and/or boring? yes.

thankfully never been catfished either.

• I've been catfished. I wasn't even mad, I ended up feeling bad for him and told him we can remain friends. He showed me pictures of a skinny guy and was saying how he plays football and he actually weighed 300 lbs. And never been to college.

• I met a guy once that tried to forcefully kiss me. I told him off and never saw him again after I told him that he was a sick pervert and that he was the first guy that I've ever met that turned into a horrible ogre. No, I've never being catfished and I think it's because I'm too careful.

• Never used online dating

• I haven't been catfished but my ex boyfriend and I started everything online and it eventually lasted for nearly one year. THE WORST EXPERIENCE OF MY LIFE. He was the biggest psycho ever

• I've never been catfished and hope I'll never be.

• been talking to a guy online for 7 years. still don't know his name

• The only bad experience was someone who sounded totally normal on the phone/texting but in person was like a paranoid tweaker with tourettes. I don't think he was actually on drugs I think it was just a mental problem but still wasn't expecting that

• I've been on a bad tinder date.
    Guy just turned out to be an asshole lol

• Dont do online dating

• Hey baby having fun online is good once in awhile but a beautiful girl like you I will never like to see you online I would love to have you besides me in my bed

• Never been catfished before in my life

• no because I've seen too many crazy episodes of catfish. never would wanna be a catfish victim

• I have a good catfish radar, and am good at calling them out when I see them.

• Yes many times... by girls who turned out to be guys :(

• I'm pretty good about catfishes, I usually call them out...

• Never trust those sites they can make you there side chicks or side niggas never ever go on it I got pregnant by a guy who was with another girl for 4yrs he told me when I said to him I'm carrying your child

• Dated a guy online for
    5 years, on our anniversary I found out that he cheated on me...

• that's why i don't date onlince

• No... I usually catfish people... It's me... and It's my thing boo

• Never been catfished or had any truly awful dates. The only thing unfortunate about online dating is the creepy messages and dick pics.

• I've definitely catfished my sisters friend when me and my sister were in our early teensπŸ˜‚ It wasn't right one bit but you live and you learn lol

• Never been catfished from dating online. I would like to try dating online in the future, not right now but maybe sometime. The only thing about online dating is that you have to be cautious and meet in public the first time. Do as much research as you can as well because you don't know who is on the other side of the screen.

• More from Girls
    3