How to get over crush on hot guy I know when I already have a boyfriend?

I have a boyfriend obviously, but I met this guy in class and he's like so hot. I'm crushing kind of hard on him but I don't want to hurt my boyfriend. We've been texting back and forth for a while and he wanted to see if I wanted to hang out which I agreed to, but now I'm feeling bad, what do I do?

Cut him off and ignore him from here on out or what?

Edit: he thinks I'm single too, do I just mention by boyfriend now or what?

26

Most Helpful Guy

• Go out with your crush and ditch your boyfriend. Jk thats terrible advice. You dont need to cut him off i advise you to hang out with him and maybe just be friends or what ever you want him to be. Hell, use him as your fallback guy if you break up with your boyfriend. I dont know, thats why im single lol.

Most Helpful Girl

• I talk this based on knowledge in the area, including personal experience: you only crush on or fall in love with someone when you allow yourself to do so. And you only allow yourself to do so when you're not really already in love. You're not really in love with your boyfriend, not as like you were in the beggining of the relationship. It doesn't mean you don't love him, though. I understand the other guy is hot, nothing wrong in finding other people attractive, you only should not allow yourself to crush on or fall in love with them. But, since you did, I'd advise you to tell him you have a boyfriend and to start ignoring him, as you yourself suggested. But if you don't really love your boyfriend anymore, leave him. Please, don't get me wrong.

• If I just cut him off without telling him I have a boyfriend, what will he think?

And will it be obvious that I liked him, is this common for girls who are in relationships who are crushing to do?

What Guys Said 5

• either stop talking to him and tell your boyfriend what happened or dump your boyfriend and go after the other guy. you are being unfair to both of them and its girls like you that are selfish and unfair tbat make guys jealous.

• It's okay to have a crush, but you have to remind yourself you can't have him.

• Tell me 5 features you boy friend has and the hot guy doesnot have

• Lust is stronger than "love"

• Well, maybe you should dump your boyfriend for the other guy.

What Girls Said 1

• Crushes come and go and you're only human know that you're in a relationship (if you are) that you deeply care about and in the end the crush will past but your love for your boyfriend won't fade (yet) however if you're going to hang out with him, you can't keep it a secret its just not fair.

• What's not fair? I haven't told him I have a boyfriend...

• Maybe you should start with that or tell your boyfriend that you're going to hang out with ___.