Asking a deaf girl out? Am I doing it right?

Hi, I go to university and there's a really pretty deaf girl in my math class. I rarely have any crushes but this girl seems really wonderful to get to know. I am learning some sign language phrases (with the internet) to communicate more effectively. I never personally talked to her but I am thinking of handing her a note (letter format) that asks her to have coffee with me and that I would like to get to know her.

is this too forward? Or should I not do it?

I forgot to mention that I'm leaving my phone number in that note.

177

Most Helpful Girl

• I think that sounds great and if you can sign something like see ya when you leave that would be good too.

Most Helpful Guy

• Are you serious? Of course GO FOR IT.. what are you waiting for... don't worry about what we think... What I would do is leave my phone number with a burning question on what you might want to know about her so she can text you the answer later.. but that's just me... LOL

What Girls Said 16

• Yes do it please

• I still say that trying to sign to her is a good way to show you are trying. You could write a note too I guess

• Dooo it!

• Definitely do it, it's great that you're making an effort to learn sign too!

• I think it's cute and she'll say yes for sure! I would love that if I was her. It's not too forward at all.

• Go for it. If you like her, then do it. I'm sure she'll appreciate the gesture anyway ^.^

• i think it is cute

• Do it. Sounds cute

• Go for it!!

• Do it that is so sweet too and good luck😊

• Cutest thing I've read all day, learn some sign language and pass over the note! Good luck :)

• That's really awesome!!
    www.lifeprint.com is helpful when it comes to sign language

• AWWWWW that is so sweeeeet!! No thats not forward at all, thats what you would usually do to ask a girl out, good luck!

• DO IT! This makes my heart melt 💖 totally go for it!

• That's really sweet you should definitely go for it!

• Lebron James?

What Guys Said 6

• if I were you I would first learn to sign "i was wondering if you would like to go out for coffee with me, unfortunately I don't know much more sign language than this, but I do have a notepad and a pen" this would come accross as cute and showing your genuine interest without any awkwardness, she'll be smiling so much that she won't be able to say no :)

• You found yourself a great easy target there didn't you... we all know what your hoping for and where it will Lead too. Id be surprised if you even stay with her long term

• I think the note would be a good idea. Make sure you say to text you not call tho lol.

• Go ahead, I've never actually seen a deaf boy/girl irl but I think they would obviously desire relationships as much as any normal person

• You should go for it, but beware, ASL has regional dialects and is very different from formal ASL.

• find her number connect with Whatsapp if you didn't found her?