Asking a deaf girl out? Am I doing it right?

Hi, I go to university and there's a really pretty deaf girl in my math class. I rarely have any crushes but this girl seems really wonderful to get to know. I am learning some sign language phrases (with the internet) to communicate more effectively. I never personally talked to her but I am thinking of handing her a note (letter format) that asks her to have coffee with me and that I would like to get to know her.

is this too forward? Or should I not do it?

Updates:
I forgot to mention that I'm leaving my phone number in that note.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I think that sounds great and if you can sign something like see ya when you leave that would be good too.

2|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Are you serious? Of course GO FOR IT.. what are you waiting for... don't worry about what we think... What I would do is leave my phone number with a burning question on what you might want to know about her so she can text you the answer later.. but that's just me... LOL

0|0
    0|0

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 16

• Yes do it please

2|0
    0|0
  • I still say that trying to sign to her is a good way to show you are trying. You could write a note too I guess

0|0
    0|0
  • Dooo it!

1|0
    0|0
  • Definitely do it, it's great that you're making an effort to learn sign too!

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it's cute and she'll say yes for sure! I would love that if I was her. It's not too forward at all.

0|0
    0|0
  • Go for it. If you like her, then do it. I'm sure she'll appreciate the gesture anyway ^.^

0|0
    0|0
  • i think it is cute

0|0
    0|0
  • Do it. Sounds cute

1|0
    0|0
  • Go for it!!

1|0
    0|0
  • Do it that is so sweet too and good luck😊

1|0
    0|0
  • Cutest thing I've read all day, learn some sign language and pass over the note! Good luck :)

1|0
    0|0
  • That's really awesome!!
    www.lifeprint.com is helpful when it comes to sign language

0|0
    0|0
  • AWWWWW that is so sweeeeet!! No thats not forward at all, thats what you would usually do to ask a girl out, good luck!

0|0
    0|0
  • DO IT! This makes my heart melt 💖 totally go for it!

1|0
    0|0
  • That's really sweet you should definitely go for it!

0|0
    0|0
  • Lebron James?

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 6

• if I were you I would first learn to sign "i was wondering if you would like to go out for coffee with me, unfortunately I don't know much more sign language than this, but I do have a notepad and a pen" this would come accross as cute and showing your genuine interest without any awkwardness, she'll be smiling so much that she won't be able to say no :)

3|0
    0|1
  • You found yourself a great easy target there didn't you... we all know what your hoping for and where it will Lead too. Id be surprised if you even stay with her long term

0|0
    0|0
  • I think the note would be a good idea. Make sure you say to text you not call tho lol.

0|1
    0|0
  • Go ahead, I've never actually seen a deaf boy/girl irl but I think they would obviously desire relationships as much as any normal person

0|0
    0|0
  • You should go for it, but beware, ASL has regional dialects and is very different from formal ASL.

0|0
    1|0
  • find her number connect with Whatsapp if you didn't found her?

0|0
    0|0