Should I get back with my ex or start anew with the guy I'm seeing?

I broke up with my ex 2 months ago since he told me he'll be going abroad for a year for work. I told him I couldn't handle being in a long distance relationship... I've been in two before and it was just too difficult.

Anyway this guy I'm now seeing I have known since November and have gotten close to. We've kissed and well aware I've recently broke up with my ex so wants to take it slow. We aren't together but it's in the process.

3 days ago I got a text from my ex telling me he told his work he wanted to come back home, me being the reason. He's back home now and admitted all he could think about on the plane was me and couldn't stop thinking about me whilst he was abroad.
He did some serious thinking and asked me if I am willing to take him back we should live together.

I still have deep feelings for my ex, is still love him. But I also have feelings for the guy I'm seeing.
I'm 22 and I'm honest; my ex knows about me seeing someone else and the new guy knows about my ex wanting me back. They are both understanding and have both said they'll give me space to choose who my heart lies with.

They are both sweet and kind, I don't want to hurt either of their feelings. And I hate weighing up their pros and cons. I'm still in love with my ex and I did miss him when he was away and has offered to take a bigger step with me.
But then the new guy has done so much for me, he was my shoulder to cry on when my ex told me he was working abroad for a year and when I had a breakdown that my gran with dementia completely couldn't remember who I was and accused me of trespassing.

I really don't know who to choose and it's tearing me apart, who should I go with?

No judgements please and be adults about it.

• The ex
  • New guy

02

What Guys Said 2

• arw you and the new guy seeing each other?

• I see all these posts about EXes... Why does my ex not like me? This and that about an ex... should we get back together...

Who cares WHAT an ex thinks of you or how he/she treats you? They are an EX. no one has any business communicating with an EX anyway.

An EX means.. in the past. In my life, after any break up, an EX is out of my mind. I move on almost immediately and never think of, try to contact, check up on, etc...

Breakups happen for a reason...

I'm not talking about someone who moved away... I'm talking about relationships that ended due to cheating, abuse, incompatibility and such...

Who CARES about an EX? Who cares about what an EX thinks of them?

Then "breaks"... what's that all about? all this is is an admission you can't commit in a relationship. Taking a vacation from a relationship isn't going to fly.

ALSO... getting back together after a breakup.. or chasing someone to get back together... sorry folks, the same issues are gonna be there.

Move on... where you found one guy/gal, there will always be more.

• Already decided I'm going with the ex.

• He moved away... but yet you rant on about him cheating, abusing and incompatible.
      We never had any of those problems. I just couldn't handle a long distance relationship.

Now calm your tits oldie you've just wasted 10 minutes of your life on a very unnecessary and inappropriate rant.

What Girls Said 0