What are signs of an emotional abusive relationship? I think my girlfriend is toxic to me?

My girlfriend (28) and I got into a fight a few months ago (dating for 8 months) I said some pretty mean things so did she, I apologized to her after the fight, she still hasn't apologized to me, a little back ground on her she was in the service, married twice, 2 different kids from 2 different people (found this out recently about the marriages, I knew she had 2 kids not from 2 different people) any ways, she keeps bringing up the what I said in the past to her, it seems I can't do anything right anymore, after this fight say didn't talk to me for over a week, I feel like I can't say anything around her anymore, she was really nice until we had a fight, she is a completely different person now, she keeps taking jabs at me when ever she can, the last time we were together she got drunk and told me she was comparing me to her ex's (don't know if that is good or bad), she tells me she loves me, her girls love me and I'm her family, then she will be completely different the next day, it's like when she drinks she is really sweet to me, I feel like she is manipulating me in a sense, she threatened to break up with me once already bc she said i haven't changed, I don't know what she means, its like she can't let go of the past, also when we went out the other night a girl hit on me at the bar she got pissed and told me she owns me I thought she was joking by the way she said it, she rarely communicates with me now about anything, she started to with hold any affection towards me, we have sex but it feels cold, I love her but she is making me feel really bad about myself gor what I said, I feel like she has to be the victim, she started the fight with me, I feel like I am paying for every one else mistakes that were done to her, ty you for the responses

I asked her today why is she being so cold to me, her response was I am an a**hole for saying what I did, and I don't deserve her and all I do is kiss her butt, 2 weeks ago I took her to the beach, had flowers sent to the room, waited on her hand and foot, wrote her poetry and home made chocolate strawberries to show her what she means to me everything was great until the following week when she started her crap again throwing my mistakes in my face, she is keeping a scorecard with me it's bad

31

Most Helpful Girl

• It does sound like she's trying to be the victim constantly and you can't move forward unless you stop bringing up the past seems like she's got you where she wants to and doesn't realize you actually are hurt by her actions and in a way wants to manipulate you, seems to me also she's stopped getting close perhaps ask her why. It sucks to feel like you can't do anything right so if the relationship isn't in your benefit tor making you feel happy then I'd leave may be hard but it'd be worth it to feel like a decent human again.

• Thank you for the advise, I added more stuff to this nightmare lol if you want to read it

Most Helpful Guy

• Sounds like a nightmare. There are thousands of women out there. You can do much better.

What Girls Said 2

• you should break it off with her and find someone who really does care for you and can treat your right.

• She does sound toxic. If she can't talk out these issues than you might need to walk away. Alcohol should make someone treat you better. That's a red flag right there. If she can't talk and sort out issues with in three days. She's very childish.

• Shouldn't make someone treat you better*

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!