Guys, would it bother you if your current long term girlfriend still had pictures up of kissing and being romantic with her last boyfriend?

She still has TONS of pictures on Facebook and instagram. Most of the pictures they are kissing in, the rest they are doing regular hug poses or couples poses. I could understand leaving up some she thinks she looks good in but once you're committed to someone else isn't it just disrespectful to keep those pictures of you sucking face with your ex publicly viewable?

Most Helpful Guy

• There's a good possibility I wouldn't want to see that or think about why they have that on there. I think this is a good example of why social media can be negative for a relationship.

They may not mean for that to be disrespectful but I can see why the partner would feel disrespected when seeing it.

Most Helpful Girl

• As a girl, if my guy did that, I'd be levied. I wouldn't do that to a guy because it's distasteful and I wouldn't like it to be done to me. I treat others the way I would like to be treated unless that person is being an ass.😆

What Guys Said 23

• That would be very disrespectful to me.

• Yes. I'm not a jealous type of guy, but this is going way too far. I don't see why she would feel the need to have those type of pics with her. I'd treat that as a sign that she's not yet over her ex, which is a huge red flag and may lead me to consider breaking up.

• I'd be hesitant to let her take pictures of us. As I'm not really into social media. Plus it would make our relationship awkward if others are seeing her ex relationship.

• well...
    yes, that would feel awkward

you need first to be be honest and figure out with her by talking with her about what's her thoughts about it? Does she thinks its right? Isn't it awkward according to her too?
    that kind of stuff

Once ice is broke... keep in mind she have the right to keep that, it's memories, you can't just force someone to forget about the past.

But if you really feel bad about it, you've the right to ask her to move on, together about that, to get rid of those photos together and then maybe do the same with whatever you could have stored too that bothers her.

And if in that case where it really bothers you and she refuses...
    Either deal with it, or leave. But above all, be honest, talk together, stay true to yourself, and respect her.

• Kind of-ish? I mean, I deleted all of my pictures I had with a previous girl so it's kind of reasonable that I'd expect the same of her but then again, this isn't something I can exactly force upon her either.

• No, it would not bother me.
    I would consider it to be a historical record.
    To object to a visual record of the truth would show enormous insecurity.

• Yeah, how would you like it. Unless you're still in love with the previous boyfriend then end it, cause that's like saying you can't let go.

• you are quite unlucky guy lol. for her you are temporary boyfriend. have sex with her as much as you can so you feel no pain when she breaks up with you.

• leave them up, its on the past and a different phase of your life, would be RETWEETing them but they stay up

• I mean if there was like 100 pics or they are well over a year old and only a creeper would find them. I wouldn't mention it

• Yep.

Big time.

• Big time

• in my opinion that is unacceptable and i would think she's still has feelings for him and leave her

• It would really bother me!

• Yes. Very much.

• I would feel disrespected and that she still has feelings for the former flame. Why else would anyone leave pictures up like that?

• Yeah... Sorry it would

• Yes. It would be weird

• Yes, why is this a question?

• Yes I would expect her to delete them without me having to say so.

• Hell nah

• I left my girlfriend cuz she had a guys picture from her clas on her phone
    . A couple of them..

• Not cool at all. I would dump her.

What Girls Said 4

• Keeping them is disrespectful.
    Your partner saying anything about it is insecure and jealous.
    Your partner keeping quiet about it is "white-knighting" or being a "pushover".
    Your friends saying anything about it just them being jealous.
    Welcome to 2017 where double standards are the rule.

You posting this publicly, not anonymous, and referencing "her" in 3rd person means that you should either accept that he's her boyfriend, and stop looking for evidence that could get him to leave her. Or stay out you friend's business and stop trying to tell her how to relationship. If he's bothered by what she does, it's his place to handle it in his way.

What good will it do you to come on here and get our opinions unless you plan to do something with it?

• I don't understand why you expect women to date only one man. Why isn't she allowed to go to bed with whoever she wants to go to bed with? If you don't want a woman to sleep with two or more males in the same week, that's you being selfish.

• I'm in an open relationship. I don't sleep with more than one other person at a time because that increases my risk of catching an STD and spreading it to my committed partner. If you're sleeping around with that many men, how do you have the time to check after how many other women each of them is sleeping with? Not all STD's can be prevented by condoms. When you're giving a partner more attention having less partners, they're less likely to seek out additional partners themselves. Unless you're just trying to be funny with this comment, you might need to consider someone to talk to about those possible deep seeded commitment issues.

• @dragonfly6516 - so because I disagree with you, I must be mentally ill and need to see a psychiatrist? What a f--king self-important narcissist you are!

• I didn't say that I disagree with you. I said that what you're doing could be unhealthy, and that you might have a problem, and might need to seek help.

• That would be very disrespectful. She should respect you and her current relationship. Talk to her so that she would understand

• Honestly, who even looks at old pics other than stalkers lol. And it takes a lot of effort to take them down. As long as she puts up new pics of the guy she's with why is it a big deal. Whether he likes it or not her last relationship is a part of her life and her experience.

• You would be ok with your boyfriend keeping pics of his ex up kissing her?

• @Toad-1 As long as i get new pics up yeah, why the heck not?