Is it a good idea for two people to date each other if they are unhappy with their respective 'SOs' ( significant others ) ?

Me and this guy have been really good friends for over a year. We both have a 3 year old relationship with our bf/gf. I recently broke up with my boyfriend because he was too controlling. He might break up with his girlfriend for some other reasons. We both like each other a lot. I have kept my distance for as long as he breaks up with his girlfriend as it would be disrespectful if i become a reason.
So if THAT happens, is it a good idea for us to date? I wouldn't start dating him immediately but is it okay to do that?
Have you experienced something similar?

12

What Guys Said 2

• I don't see why not, as long as you are willing to risk your friendship for a relationship.

• Yeah its tottaly fine

What Girls Said 1

• No. The dissatisfaction that you receive from your current relationships, shouldn't be the only common thing that unites you.