Do all relationships lose their charm at one point in time?

I know a lot of relationships are great. But i feel that charm fades away with time. My now ex Boyfriend and i loved each other crazily. We used to do late night texting, bought him gifts, gave him surprizes but gradually that excitement faded away and i felt empty. Also let me mention he was very controlling and manipulative so maybe that was the reason. How to keep a relationship alive? I need an advice before i think of dating anyone.

110

Most Helpful Guy

• There's always a honeymoon phase. But once that ends, then it shows what relationship is truly made of: work and choice. Do you choose to continue to pursue and love them even when you don't really feel like it? Do you choose to continue to forgive? Those are all important things.

The other important question to ask yourself is if you are expecting them to fill needs that they weren't meant to or cannot fill. They won't be there for you 24/7. They're not going to say everything right. They can't always support you and be your source of joy and life. That's not fair to them and it's not fair to you either.

So yeah, the initial charm does go away, where it's easy and fun and you're on the emotional high. But it can be reignited by choice. A choice by both of you.

• Woah! Absolutely loved your opinion man! Great words there! Thank you so much, highly appreciated :)

• You're certainly welcome! I'm glad I could have a positive impact :)

Most Helpful Girl

• According to what I have noticed they actually do. You can try keeping it alive for longer by constantly putting an effort to please the other person. However, if the effort doesn't come from both sides, the relationship fails.

What Guys Said 9

• The beginning is always exciting and then things are not as they used to be in past with the time. However, it doesn't mean that they have to lose their charm. If both people really get along and love each other, they'll find a way to go through problems. In your case, I think that him being controlling and manipulative made the charm fade away, you didn't want to keep enduring it.

• 100% agree with you, this definitely would have been the case. Thank you so much, appreciate that :)

• Yes when one of them stopped falling in love with another...

But if you fall in love with each other in a newer way, no , relationship will not lose its charm.

• you have to keep it new and fresh and finding reasons to fall in love all over again or it will become stale.

• It requires an effort from both involved, never stop courting g your partner, and he shouldn't stop courting you.

• Impossible. Humans are not meant to spend their whole lives with one person. Its unnatural for us

• only the reals survive

• Not at all.

Not the good ones at least.

• I remember reading that something like 10% of people married for 40+ years, their brains when being measured for activity still light up like Christmas trees when their partner walks in the room. Like they're still in the honeymoon phase all those years later. I know 1 or 2 couples like that. Its a small minority.

But it's also -millions of people-.

So the question is, how do you find a partner like that? How do you maintain it? Its rare but not impossible.

• Yes of course

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!