Am I a selfish B*tch?

I have been living with my boyfriend for 2 years. He started a business 2 years ago, and he has been complaining about money problems all the time. He spent a few thousand on a 2nd car he didn't need, and tvs , speakers and hobbies... & now he is panicking because he is in debt. Although I do comfort him, I can't help but think that he is financially irresponsible. I also feel like I deserve more (someone who can handle their money and take me out on dates etc). Am I selfish?

Most Helpful Guy

• I guess I would be a selfish bitch too! I would not put up with someone like that for very long!

• so you're thinking that if things don't look up in the next month or two, to walk away?

• Absolutely, you're so right. Thank you so much for such a well thought out, logical answer. I will definitely give him 2 months to work things out and change his circumstances. If not, then I will ask him to move out of my house. It's sad because I am sure that his intentions are good, but his laziness out does everything. He is too lazy to shower, to work, to work out... unreal.

• Wow! You have your work cut out for you! I wish you the best! Good luck!

Most Helpful Girl

• Doesn't sound really all that selfish but more smart. You don't want to spend your life with someone who is irresponsible

• Would you leave that person after 2 years?

• I would leave them after 10 years the time doesn't matter.

• Very true. thank you!

What Guys Said 16

• Not really. You want financial security but he's unable to offer it due to his poor choices. If it was because he was laid off then yes, you'd be a selfish bitch.

• you want someone who can handle themselves and doesn't stretch themselves to thin. seems like he's getting what came to him. I just hope your not to caught up with his issues. sounds like your ok and u should tell him to be more wise or juuse straight up stop whining.

• And if the business was successful and he became a millionaire, would you have indulged in the money? I think so

Share the wealth, share the loss. You are the definition of useless. Which is why men are still superior. A man would pick up the slack, a useless women walks away

• Did she say she shares his wealth?

• I think it's more selfish if she waits him to be rich one day so that she can share his wealth

• @Hihikinn she knows her intentions. And we both know if he became rich she would be salivating over the idea but ditching him since it's not working out rather than working on the problem together. That's a shitty girlfriend

• Nope. Not at all.

• would you consider leaving your s. o. over this?

• We have been fighting over his attitude, and honestly... his laziness & lack of ambition to make money is the cherry on top. You know?

• Yeah, just leave him.

• Nope leave him. You'll always have money problems if you decide to marry him. That affects your credit and you take on all his debt. It will be a nightmare.
    He's the selfish bitch.

• I think you're right. In dept that early in your life can't be a good thing...

• He is fiancial immature. Spending reckless that he doesn't need and you are not responsibility for his problem. He will have to find a second job to pay back for a long time. If he is no fun. You have option to dump him since, you are not married to him... Selfish or not.

• You seem financially responsible, why not you take him out on a date

• You sound selfish about wanting someone who can take you out on dates. You sound reasonable for wanting someone who's not stupid with money

• well I mean that had he been responsible with money, he could take me out on a date once in a while

• you are fine
    your boyfriend is stupid

• Yes..

• he is financially irresponsible.

• Are you helping at all or just leaving all the bills up to him?

• Where is YOUR money?

• Probably not.

• He's financially irresponsible. What I don't agree with is that you expect to be taken out on dates, you can take him out on dates just as well.

What Girls Said 8

• No you're not selfish- seeing someone be irresponsible with money that can be a bad thing in your future is not being selfish its simply looking out for yourself. How are you going to ask for a loan in the future for a house when he can't even get approved if he gets in further debt. Its a turn off in some ways, yes sometimes people get in a rut and I understand that but the important part is them wanting to get out of it and actually doing something about it instead of continuously drowning themselves.

• all he does is panic, and cry... he is so pessimistic and doesn't know what to do. He is so in debt that he literally shut down his business after 2 years. now he sits at home moping :(

• You are not selfish. Watching someone wasting their money on silly things till they are getting in a trouble is a torture! He has to learn how to use his money

• Any new business endeavor is a struggle the first few years. If he's a hard worker I'd stand by him even if he's not reaping the fruits of his labels yet. Have you thought about taking him out on dates?

• Nope, I wouldn't be with a guy that wasn't smart with his money. That's just trouble right there.

• The last statement makes you look like the question you asked. He's irresponsible with money and you need to guide him seeing as you understand a bit more about the situation.

• I mean... do you work?

• i work and he lives in my house that i bought

• Okay so what's the problem?

• No you are not selfish. It just is what it is. If he has spent lots of money on things he didn't need it is his fault he is in debt now. He needs to sell the useless stuff. If you feel as though you deserve better it is probably because you do deserve something better. Fiscal responsibility is hard to learn, but you are not his mom or accountant. He needs to grow up, ditch the toys and learn to be humble and responsible. All that crap means nothing with out a roof, and a roof means little with out your loved ones...

• not much