My friend actually said this?

My friend of 8 years, recently told me that he likes me. It escalated to him writing me love texts, and proclaiming that he loves me and that I am the most amazing person he has ever met etc. He knows that I have a boyfriend (although my boyfriend and I have problems), and he is consistently trying to spend time with me. I refuse to see him, but I miss him- and things won't be the same. How do I deal with this?

Most Helpful Guy

• meet with him publicly and tell him you just want to be friends or you have to stop being friends for his sake

Most Helpful Girl

• This can be rough...
    But if you don't have any intentions of being with your friend, I think it would be best to not be friends anymore. It can be hard for the both of you, but you could be leading him, thinking he has a chance still.

What Guys Said 1

• You don't , just ignore.
    My partner has the same issue, we laugh at it.

• so i just stop seeing my friend and talking to him?

• No, you just see him as a friend. Falling in love with you is not a crime after all.

What Girls Said 1

• Awh! painful situation, but! Just make clear you dont feel the same for him. Then go back being friends, I wouldn't give up 8 years of friendship.