Why did he ask so many questions about my ex boyfriend?

I went on a date yesterday with a guy who comes from a Middle Eastern background. I was really into him and thought he was cute. However, I noticed that he asked quite a few questions about my ex boyfriend (s). For example, at one point he asked me “How long have you been single?” I replied “6 months” to which he then said “that’s quite early to be looking to be dating someone new then” I said that I didn’t date the other person for very long (it was only about a month or so of dating).

Another thing he asked me was if I was still in touch with any of my ex boyfriends. I said no, although I did say I had one ex who would send me a happy birthday, merry Christmas or happy New Year message. He said “oh so you haven’t seen him since your breakup?” I said no.

When I told him about one of my other tinder experiences, he waited for me to finish and then said “So did you go on a date with the guy then?” and also “what did you say to him?”
He also asked me what I thought about guys from my own country and later remarked that guys from my country tend to be quite “jealous”

Why did he ask so many questions about my ex?

11

What Guys Said 1

• some guys just like to know things. or he couldn't come up with any good conversations so he just asked questions.

• Yeah but he could have asked me a lot of other questions but decided to fixate on the ex boyfriend topic haha xD

What Girls Said 1

• Past history is important, no matter what other people claim. He doesn't want to end up being a rebound relationship for you.