What is your version of the perfect first date?

I'm not really known for going out on dates myself. And typically I'm the good girl. However I HATE going to like restaurants and stuff for a first date. I just feel so awkward because it's like you're trying to sit across from someone and not make a mess while eating, as well as feel pressured to keep a conversation going.
No, I just like nice simple things.

Recently a guy I liked took me out, and boy was it something. I didn't even realize it was the kind of date I wanted xD It wasn't that late, he picked me up around 6, but because it's winter the sun was already setting. We stopped to get gas, then went to best buy. Basically just ran some errands I guess, then we stopped to get some burgers, and then took them and drove on top of a car garage and stared at the city. Didn't even turn on the car lights to eat, we just sat in the dark, talking and eating, and listening to music. And it was literally the most perfect date I've ever had. We talked about deep stuff, like the universe, why are we, stuff like that, and also joked around. And then when it got quiet I didn't like feel pressured to say anything because the dude was just so chill himself. it was just so easy going and relaxed and oddly romantic in it's own way.

Afterwards I was a little worried about the times it got quiet, and maybe he didn't enjoy himself, but no, we work in the same place which is how we met, and he continuously came up with excuses so that he could walk by me and stop and talk a little. Once he went to refill his water, another he went to the bathroom, another he was getting a snack, etc. And I know that sounds arrogant but when he wasn't with me we were also texting and he TOLD ME that's what he was doing 😂😂😂

What's your ideal date?

1311

Most Helpful Guy

• I wouldn't take my first date to a resturant, funny as it sounds its kinda simmilar to yours. I did not steal this from you i already had this in mind! I would take her to whatever place she likes her food and we take it away. I would drive to this place me and my friends used to go with our cars its a nice drive and in the countryside. Its a really lowkey place no one goes there its like top top of a really high place. You park your car here and just chill, literaly the breeze is so nice there its windy. The place is nicknamed snakepath, because the roads are narrow and its scary it bends like a snake and there is no street lighting. The view from the place is truly beautifuI. I love it, and i really think my first date would enjoy it. Rather than taking her to an expensive resturant which most guys do i think thats really dull.

• See I don't get why some girls like all those fancy things. I had a guy take me to a restaurant once, I still feel like it was one of the most uncomfortable nights of my life. No I like quiet things with someone I can talk too lol. And yeah we have lots of places like that around here, it's just the store he needed to go into was in the city so the top of the car garage was beautiful lol. He says next time we're going to this park I've never been too. And heck, the other day outside of our work he showed me this really nice view we have of the mountains outside where he usually goes on his breaks. He really likes scenery

Most Helpful Girl

• Anything involving laughter, wit, intelligence, respect, and a connection over something more than an appreciation for what you can see with the naked eye. If, at the end of the date, I want to see more of them... that is perfection.

What Guys Said 10

• So he ran errands when he took you out on a date and bought fast food I thought the perfect date would have been the last thing you would have said

• Yeah most girls don't like it, but I don't know, if like I said, you go out to a restaurant or something, there is NOTHING to do. You sit there for an hour trying to make conversation, and awkwardly eat. And then the BILL is always an awkward thing. Which I did try to pay for the fast food, but I gave up pretty fast because he was in the drivers side so I couldn't win that one.

• I understand how some people don't like the basic dinner on a first date it can easily get awkward. I think a good date is when you can do an activity together like maybe ice skating, mini golf or a hike to a nice cliff view stuff like that. going to best buy and filling up your gas tank doesn't really sound like a date kinda like a lack of effort but if that works for you that's cool too. you don't sound hard to please so that's good.

• well I mean we mostly filled up on gas and drove around. Which I like car rides. Was peaceful. And I'm really not x'D I like thoughtful things, not expensive ones

• We go to a concert together, get drunk and just go crazy. Go back to my/her place and talk for a couple of hours. Smoke some pot, then do it again if we vibed.

• That's the bit I left out xDDD We did smoke pot. But I'd never smoked before so he showed me how. Safe to say I consumed my fair share of his spit just from sharing a joint with him, but not worried about it lol. Also after we started smoking, he started driving and hit a mailbox right away, then admitted he didn't even have a license, and neither did I. So I guess that made the entire experience more interesting xD

• LOL. Glad u all didn't get hurt

• Going to the movies with my crush and possibly not get her to hate me. If I could I would give her a big hug.

• Skydiving.

• Doing Jihad

• pizza + beach + ice cream + food + Netflix + popcorn for me I love popcorn 😁

• You should've taped the garage seen. I'd to see the blowjob.

• having sex

• sex stuff

• Sex. Raw sex.

What Girls Said 12

• Something fun and original, I'd prefer a museum rathe than dinner or going out as part of a group but attending together is a much more natural setting than an awkward dinner date or cinema where you don't talk to each other.

The best date I ever went on, he picked me up in the car and we drove out the country and walked up a mountain, I brought a picnic that we had on the way up and then when we got to the top we waited for dark and watched the stars then walked back down with our torches holding hands, I'll never forget it.

• Either an art museum, or something active like biking through the park, ice-skating or a hike.
    And probably get some coffee or something cheap afterwards.
    For a first date at least, I'd feel most comfortable if we both pay our own way, and do something really affordable.

• Your date sounds amazing, by the way tbh

• Lol, I understand completely!

It's a personal thing for me; I'm more comfortable and myself when playing sports/enjoying nature--and I'm naturally really energetic. Anywhere else I feel like I have to be *perfect*, act a certain way, etc. But I like the errands thing too, I like how relaxed it is.

• It just felt super unpressured. Like we didn't feel compelled to keep up a conversation because we were also doing stuff, and the other day we went grocery shopping which was interesting because we both got super high and were like walking around the store just trying to not look high... now THAT, that was fun

• This guy I met invited his now wife to eat breakfast but he never told her that they where going to a restaurant in another town. They had to drive for two hours to get there, and during this time they where able to get to know each other better.

• I've learned that as long as it's not a Netflix and chill, I'm great

• I think it doesn't matter what you do in the right company...

• going for a walk. definitely nothing fancy. its boring and frustrating and stressful.

• I like bundling up and going ice skating with hot chocolate after

• AMUSEMENT PARK!!!

• I love that kind of a date where we could just talk about anything and being able to laugh with each other, very simple but sweet

• Wauw, perfect story 😭💖

• Fuck on the first date

• well, my idea of the perfect relationship would start off with us being best friends first. than our first date would consist of dinner, doing something fun maybe romantic like a boat ride or walk in the city to kinda set the mood... lots of great conversation but none of the "getting to know eachother" parts because we already know eachother so its just enjoying eachother. bleh. never gonna happen XD but this would be perfect.