Guy hasn't text me in 4 hours help?

Guy hasn't texted me in 4 hours. He's been at work but he says he's been tired and sleepy/ with deadlines.
I told him I'll text him later so I won't distract him.
He hasn't replied. Should I text him again?

• Yes
  • No

187

Most Helpful Guy

• I won't give you a list of rules to follow when texting, but instead I'll share a few principals.

friends invest in a relationship. Even if it's not always them making the first move, (don't be a push over either) they still invest. Not just you.

This doesn't mean only give when they give, or give and expect something in return. That's bad.

This means you are building a house and if you notice you're doing more work then what it's worth, and they are barely doing anything. Then Maybe it's time to find a new buddy.

Most Helpful Girl

• Well my boyfriend works nights and sleep during the day so we talk a little bit at night before he goes to work again. At first I felt a little bad but then I was like omg HE HAS TO SLEEP THOUGH. 4 hrs is nothing lol. Your over reacting a bit like I was.

• And you are going to come off as super desperate. He will text you later he just feel asleep. My boyfriend does this all the time.

• That is possible. Give it a day and text him if he still doesn't answer then I would just let it go. My boyfriend is not a big texter but he always responds within at most an hour that I text him (but I know his sleeping schedule by now roughly so I know around when he gets up). We have a routine haha.

• We haven't had that kind of routine just yet. We haven't even gone on our date. Aha...

What Guys Said 6

• Unless you are worried he might be in trouble, just leave him alone.

• What if he never replies back to me?

• I know I dont need him to have fun..
      I just want to date nicely is all.
      What if h'es talking to another girl?

• Then he's not interested and you can't do anything anyways. You are being insecure.

• a little overreaction but its fine. he's working or he fell asleep, if he doesn't text back in another hour then you'll probably get a text in the morning, "sorry i fell asleep, how was your night"

• No. You're worrying too much. Just chill and try to distract yourself so you won't keep overthinking it.

• I overthink a lot... and always think the worst.

• I feel you. I do that a lot too. It helps to keep reminding yourself that thoughts can't change a cicumstance. Thoughts are internal, circumstances are external.

• Yes, just admit to him you're desperate.

• No way. Make him text next.

• Yes. And I would also go over to his place and knock on the window.

• Is this considered needy? Wondering why he didn't text?
      Do you like it when you have your space?

• @AnaWryneck Hey...

• Sorry she's.. special couldn't let her do it

What Girls Said 17

• No. There's no need to text him again. He seems very busy and overwhelmed. It hasn't even been a day yet so just wait for him to de-stress and text u first.

• Is this considered neediness that I'm possessing?
      I always think if they don't reply fast that I did something wrong or they don't like me anymore.
      We have a date Saturday..

• What if it's been 8 hours now?
      I think he was just looking for sex anyways.
      He may have found someone else closer to him then?

• Did u hear back from him yet? And do u have actual reasons to believe he was just after sex and nothing else or are u just assuming that because he took hours to respond?

• if you continue like this he will stop texting you for good. usually men don't like clingy girls. try to focus on something else.

• I don't think there is nun of a problem here, I know I always get freaked out when my boyfriend doesn't text me for a long time but work really wears them out so he's probably busy or talking a nap. I wouldn't worry about it

• If he's busy, dont bother him. Let him come to you. Or make a joke and be like "did you die? Where'd you go😂" or something to lighten the mood yet say "dude answer your texts" at the same time lol

• Well I was the last one to send a text. This is the conversation.

Him: morning
      Me: morning how's it going?
      Him: working. tired. sleepy. You?
      Me: sorry I know you slept late can you nap?
      Him: yeah I can nap but I have a lot to do. I've been so busy I ate a hamburger for lunch. I really need sleep though.
      Me: oh no I hope you get off soon... blah blah
      Him: well I might miss my deadline so rip
      Me: do you have to pull an allnjghter?
      Him: no it already passed
      Me: well don't work too hard. I'll text you later so I won't keept distracting you!
      Him: nothing for 8 hours

Do you think he lost interest?

• No I dont think so. He just seems very caught up in work. He seemed willing to talk to you so I think the only problem is that he is busy. Dont worry, guys dont usually lose interest that fast. And if he does, he's not worth the fight trust me.

• I don't know we will see. I guess I will text him in the morning if I dont hear from him.

• 4 hours is nothing haha chill :p
    I would start to panic after 2/3 days lol.

• No just wait, until he text you.

• He probably didn't text back because you said you'll talk to him later so he probably don't think he should texted back.

• 4 hours isn't a lot of time. He could be busy and unable to text back. Let the poor guy do his work and text him again tomorrow if he still hasn't replied.

• You told him you would text him later, its only been 4 hours. If he has a lot of work, most likely he's not done yet.

• It's been 8 hours not 4 hours now...

• Then, text him and see how the paperwork's coming along. Or wait until tomorrow and see if he's text you, if not just text him.

• read a book girl

• Dude chill don't be so clingy and worried lol...

• It's been 6 hours now. Doesn't that show no interest then?

• Well eventually, I feel like you and your boyfriend develop this trust between the two of you, so you don't really worry about them anymore... I don't know if you are at that point in life, but I would still say give him some space. If they are a good dude, they will be speaking the truth. So get with someone you can trust so you don't have to worry that much.
      Or, just talk it over with your boyfriend and be like yo, I want to be in a relationship where I can trust you all the time. If you don't want that, then I guess let's go separate ways. You were cool, and thank you, but I really think it's time for us to part... or something like that lol. Then find someone and give them your standards.

• Stop acting crazy four hours is not a big deal and he already told you he is busy

• It's been 7 hours now...
      How can I not?

• Does his name start with a J (has nothing to do with the topic just curious)

• No it starts with an M...
      did you deal with someone similar?

• God damn can u be more clingy and annoying!!! I hate people like u I often block em

• Can you really not figure this out on your own? Good grief. Let the dude sleep ffs. Text him tmr if you're really afraid he's somehow dead in a ditch but for now, leave his ass alone.

• He was working? He wasn't sleeping.
      He was at work texting me.
      He text me first.. I asked him how its going.
      He said it's busy.
      He asked me what I was doing.
      I felt bad so I told him I'll text him later but he didn't respond?
      Now I'm wondering if I made the wrong move.
      I did leave HIS ASS ALONE.

• He does work for google so I don't know how busy they get there.

• Let him breathe, girl. He has other stuff in his life he needs to attend to, not just you. Give it until tomorrow. If he doesn't text tomorrow then text him.

• It's hard. I was stood up twice before him so I just don't want to be stood up again.

• It's been 7 hours now?
      Should I just text him in the morning then?
      I don't think I'm going to get a reply tonight honestly. I have a gut feeling he lost interest...

• Just text him in the morning. You'll be fine. You don't need to over think it.

• noooo. honestly don't give him the power. it's more attractive when you show him you have your own thing going on & you have options.

• he's sleeping girl chill out

• I don't know if he's sleeping... what if he never replies?

• But he text me this morning and a little bit during the day when he was working as well... that's when I suggested I stop distracting him because he kept saying he was tired and he needed sleep but he had so much to do I suggested I stop.

I think I'm just scared he's going to not reply at all. I'm supposed to meet him on Saturday...

• wait until he replies. text him maybe tomorrow and ask if you're still on for Saturday.