Is it just false hope or is he scared of commitment? A year and a half investment?

I'm 27, he's 23. We've been having sex for a year and a half now. He says he loves me and we cuddle and he gives me forehead kisses. But he will go days without talking to me. He wants an open relationship and I said I'd be okay with it, but when I tried to talk to him about it, he just ignored me. He's brought up things like having kids and moving into together then he'll ignore me again. I don't understand. I feel like I'm just annoying him and I can't ignore him. I'm too invested. What do I do?

Most Helpful Guy

• I agree with the above on convenience. But one thing I have noticed in my experience is the whole "Men are from mars..." Guys are horrible at picking up hints and girl language. You have to be direct and to the point with him. He's a guy! Women are MUCH more calculated in their choice of words so not to hurt others or be judged but we (guys) don't care. You gotta be blunt!

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• Sounds like the guy maybe seeing someone else. No man is ever that busy that he will go days without contacting you. And he will keep on doing it because you allowed it in the beginning. Let him know that going days without contact is something thay bothers you. You are not being annoying to him especially if he wants a relationship and is sleeping with you. Sounds like he doesn't want you getting attached to him.

• Too invested. This is a relationship of convenience for him. He tells you things to keep you stringing along. Might be the age difference. I'd leave him now rather than later and waste more of your time.