Do you think there is a difference between dating in small towns vs big cities? Which is better?

814

Most Helpful Guy

• Small towns makes it easy to kind of get to know everyone and become close friends, repeatedly seeing each other, and dating among them. However, selection is quite limited. That said, you tend to have the benefit of knowing each other more upfront.

Very dense urban populations are far more impersonal but crowded to the brim with people. It's easy to find all kinds of people to date there. However, with the busy lifestyles and everything, it can be harder in my opinion to find people with whom you really connect and can get to know well. I find a lot more casual relationships going on in big cities as well.

I prefer big cities for that maximum variety but it took me a long time to find love in it. Only two women I dated in Tokyo made me fall in love with them out of dozens. Perhaps in a small town I wouldn't have had so many lovers, but it might have been easier to fall for them.

• From a friendship standpoint, I've found small towns make it easy to find close, meaningful friends you see repeatedly (though sometimes very annoying ones as well you see repeatedly).

I've found big cities make it easier to make lots and lots of friends and acquaintances, but sometimes harder to find really close ones you spend every single weekend with.

I think dating is not too different in that regard. It's easy to find many, many people to date in a big city. Love might be a bit more elusive.

• Who spends every weekend with friends

Most Helpful Girl

• A difference? Sure. A lot of people here incline that it's harder to connect in bigger cities but really that's not so. Sure you don't tend to connect with many in a clubbing scene but we go to school here and have those same things too... with a bigger pool of people to run into. And there are things like Meetup that make it easy to find people with similar hobbies... and lots of groups and communities to be part of. City life is not all about clubbing and fast paced date scenes... that's only for the people to opt for it that way. I love knowing that I've met enough people to know what I wanted and how hard it was to find it. It makes me content to know that I didn't settle for someone in a very small fraction of people. What's more... living in a big city like Houston means you run into people who travelled here... so you're even more so not limited. We could get into the psychology, sociology, and philosophy of it all... but bottom line... as someone who dated in the city and has experienced small town life elsewhere... I'm satisfied with my experience and can't truly say I'd change it.

What Guys Said 13

• Better in bigger cities. My girl grew in the small town we live now. She literally knows everyone's sexual past. Everywhere we go, there is "someone" that dated "someone" and then "this and that" happened and they broke up because "this and that" even though their sex life was "this and that". You fk one small town chick and everyone instantly knows your girth and ejaculation volume.

• I would say the only real difference is the amount of potential dates and maybe some of the opinions/lifestyles

• Big city is better; less chances of bumping into a girl you dated/fucked.

• My town feels small, but it's actually crowded.

Everyone knows each other somehow.

It's all I've ever known and I've never had any luck, so it's hard for me to say which is better. I dont like big cities. Too many people, but that's where variety and selection come in.

In my town, everyone is basically the same. Even the out-of-towners that settle here. It's really a melting pot that eventually bottlenecks into chill, but entitled people.

• In a small town, everyone knows everyone.

In a big city, there is a lot more choice, anonymity, and people from other nieghbourhoods you might never encounter.

• Small towns may have some more traditional and wholesome types. They may also be a bit less open minded. Big cities are more diverse so they may be more open in general. They may also have less hangups in general.

• small town relationships tend to be more serious, people know each other better and you have less options/temptations.

• i would prefer small town

• Small town connects two hearts better than city, where you have lot of distractions

• Yeah. More options in big cities.

• More options in a big city, but it could make it harder to find the right one since there's so many.

• the difference is the time taken to get into the pants.

• Depends what your definition is... City dating is going to bars, clubs, bumping into a girl on the street...

Urban dating, dating through friends, networking, school, it's a lot harder but more meaningful.

What Girls Said 7

• Done both only to realize that a bid city is nothing more than a bunch of small towns all run together. In fact, it's hard to date outside of your small town inside a big city unless part of a huge all-city club or equal

The players are usually the same except a few more rich ones in the big one

• Usually in big cities there is more to see and therefore more to communicate about since there is a huge variety of choices and places to pick :)

• there may be some differences

• I recently moved from a city to a small town. Honestly it makes a lot of difference. 1. not enough things to do. 2. people are much more in your business 3. mentality differs

• Small town because there's not that many options which means... I'm somebody's perfect match.

• small town dating is better, they are more family oriented than bigger city men.

• I think small town just depends on feeling which is batter for both of you