Am I overthinking? Any advice?

So last week on Tuesday I asked a girl from work to go out to eat with me on the weekend (a date) she said yes as long as she doesn't work the night shift. On Thursday I asked what her schedule was for the weekend and she said she was having car and money trouble, and this might not be the best time. Did she not understand it was a date (I pick her up and pay for the meal)? Did she think I meant to go out to eat as friends? Today I worked with her and she acted normal. I feel as if she didn't know it was supposed to be a date. Should I ask again and rephrase the way I ask to e. g. "would you like to go out to eat on a date with me?" or ask the same way as the first time and let her know if she says money is an issue I will pick her up and pay for the meal which is what I was going to do anyway? Did she not know it was supposed to be a date or did she just mean to say no at work, but thought it would be nicer/easier to say no later?

40

Most Helpful Girl

• Probably didn't know its a date

What Girls Said 3

• She knew what you meant, she didn't want to go. But just be sure ask her again to get a clear answer

• Most likely not interested.

• " would you like to go out on a date? maybe dinner and a movie? on me. " is a better way to say it

What Guys Said 0