Are girls more reluctant to date guys who are hotter than them?

If so, why is that the case? If some really really hot guy was showing interest in you, would you be wary of what his intentions may be? What's the general consensus among girls?

189

Most Helpful Girl

• Not me, but honestly I think the whole "number scale" thing people do for hotness, and judging people's worth based on appearance alone is RIDICULOUS. Physical attraction needs to be there of course, but you can never know who you'll click with, and whether your personalities mesh well is way more important than "hotness" on a scale.

If a super hot guy was hitting on me and I had the thought that he was hotter than me, I'd probably smile internally about that before dismissing it and getting back to learning more about him as a person, and what his personality is like, before deciding if i liked him. Because it's his personality and how he acts towards me that will ultimately create sparks, or not. I'd take a less conventionally hot smart guy, over a crazy-handsome idiot, any day.

Most Helpful Guy

• Not really. Girls be wearing make hitting the bars acting as if that's her real face when in fact she's 2 notches below once it all comes off... trying to pick up guys with a mask on

Complete opposite. Girls almost always lean towards guys better looking than them

What Girls Said 17

• I would be heavily reluctant. In general-- my insecurities keep me from dating anybody to be honest-- not trying to make a sob story by the way lol. But yeah, especially if it is someone that I would usually assume would never be in to me, a date may be highly unlikely, but possible. However, going into an relationship with them? Nah, I probably wouldn't let it get that far bc of the insecurity thing.

• Perhaps. Not in my case anyway, i dont do the "im out of his league/ he's out of my league" thing. If someone i find really attractive is into me, then i just like them back, nothing else. I think what you are talking about could have a lot to do with insecurities and self-esteem issues among girls. Im only wary of their intentions if their behaviour shows that i should be.

• Definitely not me... they can be the hottest guy in earth but if their personality sucks then I could care less if he's so called hotter than me. Maybe girls think that way because they're not confident enough in themselves? Wish more girls wouldn't think that way though.

• honestly, i am too confident to even pone this question to myself so :) i would not mind ;)

• Lol ok. But what about other girls you know, are they ever insecure when some super hot guy starts showing an interest in them?

• Oh ok lol.

What are some signs the girl really likes him but is nervous talking to him?

• Usually most girls are nervous because they feel like they are out of their league, and they just ignore and WAIT for the guy to make the first step, this is a classic, but the actual sign is that she gets nervous whenever he passes around her, she stutters, LOL and touches her hair, then she smiles and gets RED and stuff like this :)

• I've had guys who are drop dead gorgeous have interest in me, of course you question WHY! But just because someone is hot doesn't mean they're out of your league.

• I always assume that it's some kind of joke to them.
    And if I found out he was genuine, I still wouldn't because stooping down to date me would drag his name in the mud, so I stay away from them

• i think so, because many assume it's a guys intention to date equal or up looks-wise. unless it's one night stand as the girl has nothing to lose.

• If he takes the initiative, why not? X3 Else, I may feel too unattractive for him to even notice me, so bye XP

• If I like a guy who is hot, the first thing I think is that he's too good looking for me and would never date me, so I feel self conscious and never notice the signs he's giving

• nope not me. I'd be fine with it

• So you don't have any insecurities At all? What about other girls? Is there a fear he'll stray?

• That's what most girls think?

Let's say a hot guy was giving you attention, then randomly just didn't pay much attention to you, what would you be thinking?

• I don't know what most girls but that would be my fear. I would think that he lose interest

• I've never had guy that was too hot show interest in me. So I don't know how I'd react.

• I like ugly men.

• I don't think so. My ex was 100 x more handsome than i am, we dated for a good 3 years.

• I prefer someone like that

• I always tend to like boys that I don't find more attractive than me, if that makes sense. I don't know why, maybe it's because I don't want to feel insecure in that relationship.

• I don't like it. It makes me insecure, and unsure. I'd rather date someone who's less attractive than me.

• I would prefer to be the more attractive one in a relationship. I would be afraid that he would treat me like shit and eventually leave more for a more attractive girl.

• Do most girls really feel like that across the board?

• I don't know about that. I just know I don't want to be the ugly one

• Do you assume a bunch of girls are after him?

What Guys Said 8

• I don't know if this is widespread, but I've had two female friends tell me this (along with my ex-wife -- whatever, I'm every bit as hot as she'll ever be). All three of these women told me that they could never date a guy who was better looking than them.

• Nope. I look better than most girls and a lot of girls are eager to date me (and talk to me) but I'm obviously not interested in them because I'm asexual and aromantic. I don't have a great personality. I'm boring as fuck and a lot of girls are still attracted to me. Some of them are shy/nervous around me and some of them are flirty/confident around me. If a girl is reluctant to date a guy just because he looks better than her, then she has insecurity issues...

• Girls always think they can snag a guy above their SMV. Esepecially if they have sex with them. If he'll pump and dump her she'll actually think her value is higher than it realistically is. And they just get more and more picky, 'till no one is good enough.

They do this very long they start to hit the wall and then no one wants them - they stand there and ask, 'where have all the good guys gone?'

Then they settle, and we all know how that works out. It's a mine field out there.

• Women usually date up.

• No such thing as dating "Out of your league", what I don't have in looks, is covered by confidence, and a bit of attitude.

• absolute BS, girls way uglier than me have approached me and girls i would objectively looksmatch with look at me with scorn.

• Yes..

• In some cases yes but certainly not every case