I'm bad at texting -- how do I keep someone interested?

In recent years I've become "bad" at texting -- my texts are dry and hella boring. I know for a fact I'd rather just call said person or just wait till I see them next. I can handle keeping in casual touch via texting but I don't find it necessary as I once did.

there's a new guy I met (via tinder) and right off the bat, we both have off schedules from each other -- so its made hanging out a challenge. But we've managed to get together a few times since we started talking. (A month or so ago) I truly am interested in him, but like I said our schedules are off from each others and I'm a pretty active person -- I don't always have my phone on me. But when we do hang out the conversation flows so well. So I assume he is still interested in me.

Anyways, do I necessarily need to text someone every. single. day to keep them interested? Is a text every few days just to see whats up enough?

516

Most Helpful Guy

• Actual phone calls 2-3 times per week contain much more communication than daily texting. Stick with what you do best.

• He hasn't said anything to me so I assume he doesn't really mind. Also, he's a bit older than me -- 32, so I'm guessing that doesn't really matter the older you get?

• I always prefer to hear my partners voice, it gets points across way better.

• Yes! Text messages have too many ambiguities and not enough emotion.

Most Helpful Girl

• I have the same problem. I hate talking over the phone, but I hate texting even more. The only thing I use it for is to make plans. But I think it bothers some guys.

What Guys Said 15

• I feel similarly, I'm not into texting at all, very physically active and so I don't put much thought into my phone, but it definitely seems like there's that expectation to be constantly texting or diddling eachothers instas. Definitely has been a challenge with a few women I've been interested in, but I just bank on those individuals who understand that we each have our own preferred communication styles. I think your best bet is to keep putting effort in so he knows your interested, try to figure out how he best likes to communicate, and if it becomes a problem talk with him about it so he understands where you're coming from.

• Texting is good for day to day communication about small thing, and is good for times that one is unable to physically talk on the phone (such as me at work as a teacher, or if i'm at a family function such as a Super Bowl party where it is loud and social).

The key to being a better texter, is to type full sentences and to use emojis. Emojis make textual communication WAY more fun and interactive.

• try to hangout asap

• Send Nudes.

• Give good head and work on kegals for when you do meet up. Guys hate texting anyway, just a means to an end.

• It depends on the guy. Some people would want you to text them everyday while others would consider it clingy

• Well I rather be bad at texting, than a bad talker. I'm not a great talker. Not ev3n sure how you get better at it.

• Just keep approaching him

• if you're cute, show interest in me, and dont flake on dates thats enough for me

• I've never flaked out on him and he's never flaked out on me.

• okay cool then i guess he does like you even if a little bit, i dont like texting and i avoid it when i can but it seems all girls nowdays want ot text all day long

• Always have a plan to meet up, and don't flake

• you and me both sista

• Tell things about your fellings, memories, interests

• U text him first.

• Practice makes perfect!

• I prefer phone conversations also. Still the best way to get to know someone...

What Girls Said 4

• In your situation, texting everyday may actually be counter productive.

• No. you don't need to text all the time. The boy I'm dating doesn't like texting just like you so we meet instead. And you can just tell him that you are not into that but you'd like to meet.

• Send him cute or funny pictures. Pics of yourself. Guys are visual. Ask him questions about himself. Try to find something that will stimulate his intelligence.

• improve your texts.