Has anyone tried dating while their heart is hurting over someone else?

723

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, it's really not a good idea because even if it gets your mind off things to be with the other person, you can't give your full effort and attention, and it ends up hurting them. It's like you're passing on the pain to these other people, but not giving yourself a chance to really heal and move on. But obviously at some point you have to start dating again and try to get back out there.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think we've all been guilty of it but it's a bit like putting a band-aid on a stab wound, useless! I think it's best to get your own mind in order before attempting to be with anyone else. If nothing else, in fairness to them. Best of luck

What Guys Said 22

• I have, it's a good way to get over someone.

• I haven't and I wouldn't. It wouldn't be fair with my date.

• Dating on the rebound is doomed to failure. I've been there and got hurt. Again!

Just give yourself some time to be on your own for a short while and to get over the hurt. Plan the rest of your life. You won't be on your own for long, ladies like you will never be.

• Yes, i tried dating this girl while my heart wasn't over my ex girlfriend and
    at the same time i was on the other end of the phone crying over
    my ex girlfriend but the girl had no idea i was crying over my ex.

• Dating... NO,
    hooking up drunk with female friends.. YES.

FWBs are the best the therapy for a broken heart;-*

• no I haven't but I could only imagine it wouldn't be fare to the new person you're trying to be with

• I have not, however a close friend of mine has/is. And he's said that it just doesn't feel like anything. Like there's nothing really there. I don't understand why he keeps dating if there's nothing there but I'm not in his situation so I'm not sure what he's going through. But from what I've seen with him, I wouldn't recommend it.

• Yeah.

Didn't work.

• One should keep their options open and keep 3 to 10 people on their mind at any time. because if the best one is not ready to love you , the other options can help.

• Yah. It helps. To break the spell the other person cast. But don't read more feels into it or
    Your soul be become jarred

• Is it wrong? Should I tell the other person my heart is still hurting over another person?

• I am sleeping with a few people at the moment and all I say is I'm not healed. I explain I have feelings that I'm dealing with and can only give them my sexual passion vs including my heart/passion.. as long as I'm clear that it is what it is... I feel morally ok there's no deception

The biggest hurt people have is not being told not having a voice not getting to choose

• as someone whose recently just gotten over a girl, i would say the last thing i wanted to do was get straight back into a relationship.

• Nope. Guaranteed to fail.

• Well I've talked and gotten close to people while still getting over a break up. It definitely helps you forget about the other person.

• its been an year , im still thinking about her... thats the only way out. dont blame ur self , this is how it works

• It sucks.

• Not really but it's not like I get dates so easily either

• Final 2 years of uni and it wasn't the best idea fortunatley it didn't really go anywhere but i prob hurt a couple of girls this way

• They're called rebounds

• what a fun date that would be? and if you're a good enough actor to pull it off that everything is fine then you're dangerous and I hope you get sniffed out and cast aside by all the decent people out there...

• NO, and no, and no, and no.

• It heal faster, and I will recommend to date new person if the old one left you and hearts.

• no, I've not

What Girls Said 6

• Yes, It helps.

• No. It will not help you in healing the wound that you are still undergoing. I would if I am completely healed already. And it is unfair to the other person if you are just using him/her to forget someone else.

• Yes I did.

• Don't do it, heal first

• yeah, its unpleasant///

• Yes...