Should I end it with someone I'm in love with?

I've been in a LDR for about 5 months and I fell hopelessly in love with this guy. Things were going so well until out of nowhere he starts acting cold... Last week days went by and I hadn't heard from him to the point where I was prepared to break it off with him, except out of nowhere he hammers me with adorable late night texts about how much he loves me and misses me? And I completely lose all ability to be mad at him. Part of me feels that if he's busy I have to accept that - early on in our relationship circumstances forced me to be completely cut off from him without warning, and he still stuck by me, promising to wait however long it took until I came back. But I at least gave him an explanation as to why I disappeared and he never does the same. He just randomly pops out of my life without warning and I'm left wondering why, and when he comes back he won't say. If he really meant the things he said he wouldn't do this to me, would he?
Part of me feels like if you really love someone you'll wait for them but I don't know if I can take the wondering anymore. I haven't talked to him in days and it's messing up my emotions. An LDR is hard enough - both parties need to put in effort for it to work. Problem is he's my first love and I'm his, or at least I thought so. I've really never met a guy like him before - I've got impossibly high standards, but I thought he was different and if I have to end it I don't know how I'll be able to move on.

Do I just give up? If he meant what he said he wouldn't do this, right?

But if I don't give up just yet, how long should I wait?

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• If you think its not going anywhere...