Why is he acting like this?

So this guy likes me and I like him. I've been trying to flirt with his friend getting his attention, and I think he misconstrued the message. Because in the group chat he typed in "[my name] likes [his friend's name], even though she said she likes me. I wish she told me earlier, it really hurts me now. But I respect her wishes." Anyways I tried talking to him telling him I like him but before I can say anything he's like "It's OK.. You like my friend. I understand it, now go be with him" but his voice cracked, and every time he looks at me his eyes tear up. I know he likes me, and I do too. But he's so nice to me, even though I've tried to make him jealous. Why?

12

What Guys Said 2

• Because you're fucked up. You play games and you're fucked with a guy's head and now he doesn't want to deal with you anymore. This is how shy guys get created and this is why men don't bother getting together with women when women are older and single; we know your bullshit and want no part of it anymore.

• Maybe he doesn't want to be a jerk

What Girls Said 1

• If you do like a guy I do not think jealousy would be a good way to go, because it may disturb the relationship both of you genuinely have.

I have seen this scene before when I was in High School, a guy friend of mine like this girl, and I would help by telling the girl he likes her, but in his case he thinks jealousy would make her tell him about her awareness with his interest.

What happened was she got confused because she knows he likes her but is making her jealous and things did not work. one because the girl thought he probably likes someone else, never use the jealousy tactic.

if you like someone show him by the small things you can do, hangout, prepare food for him, and in your case I do think you should write him a letter or apologize, and if you really want to talk about your feelings I do think you should have a 1 on 1 talk.