I broke up with her because I didn't want to do long distance even though we loved each other. Now im so so depressed. Did I make a mistake?

42

Most Helpful Guy

• nope, you did the right thing bro. feelings only would have grown stronger making breakup more painful. in long distance relationships you don't fall in love with the actual person, but mearly the idea of that person. Humans were created with emotions to be drawn together physically, not through computers and phones. that's not a real relationship, I'm happy your on your way to a more real life

Most Helpful Girl

• Depends honestly. If you really really love each other, you fucked up.

Tell me- can you see yourself marrying her? Having children? Is she the one?

Long distance is hard. I'm in that type of relationship rn. But if there's love and commitment you can push through

What Guys Said 1

• Girl, that was a very poor reason to break up if you really love her.

What Girls Said 3

• I think a long distance relationship can work if you both put work in, and if you both want it to work, any relationship takes work, I feel like you took the easy way out, if you love that person, nothing should stand in your way, no matter the distance, If you love someone you fight for it, you don't just give up on someone, thats the worst thing you can do!

• Yes.
    Long distance relationships aren't bad.

• You did. But it would be her mistake to take you back for leaving for that reason

• by long distance, i mean i live in the USA and she lives overseas. literally thousands of miles away

• Why enter a relationship if you're not willing to make it work that's like someone leaving their spouse for being in the military the fact is she wasn't enough for you so you saved her the time just don't go messing with her emotions and run back