Am I being too picky?

I've never had a boyfriend and that's because the guys who show interest in me, I'm never interested back.

but the thing is the guys who like me are "in my league." (Put it in quotes bc I know some people don't believe in leagues)
The guys who like me, are the guys I should stick to, but yet I just don't want them.

Its not that I believe I'm out of their league or that I'm too good for them. i'm just not attracted to them.

The kind of guys I like, never like me back or sometimes don't even like me as a friend. But yet I keep chasing them and only hope to date someone like them.

I know I will never have a chance with them. And sometimes I feel I need to stop chasing the guys who clearly I'm never gonna get and that I should stop being picky and stick to my own league.

(And this may sound like this is only based on looks but it's on personality too. )

117

Most Helpful Guy

• I understand completely what you're talking about! I do the EXACT same thing with girls and have gone over the same thing in my head over and over again. Like there's this one girl chasing me now and she almost sounds perfect. But I just don't feel the same and don't feel any chemistry. I can't force it to happen. I think it comes down to opposites attract. It's weird but it's the way it goes

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm in the same case. i'm 18 and the guys who ask me out, i'm just not attracted to them (it's skater or geek guys but I'm really not attracted to them at all).
    And the guys I like are always some player who just are interested in sex.

I don't think it's being picky because if you are with someone you are not attracted it's just leading them on for nothing.

What Guys Said 6

• You are way too young to worry about whether you are too picky. If you are still single at 30 then maybe you might consider it. I wasn't interested in any of my classmates in high school, none of them interested me. When I got to college it was completely different.

• "The kind of guys I like, never like me back", take this quote and replace guys with girls, and you have me. This is life for a certain portion of the human race.

• "The kind of guys I like, never like me back"

Well you just answered your own question, yes you are too picky.

• Relationships are a huge part of life, be as picky as you need to be

• There's nothing wrong with being picky, however you limit yourself off and finding the right guy can be difficult for you.

• Girls are always too picky. It's either super model looks, rich, or women prefer to die alone.

What Girls Said 10

• 0|0
    • I'd appreciate if I could get a real answer, yanno like everyone else

• No you're not being to picky.

• It's hard to determine if you're being too picky without knowing what you look like and/or knowing you as a person (i. e. personality-wise).
    One thing I can say tho - picky or not - is that you should never settle just because you wanna have a boyfriend.

• Fuck a league go for who you want there's no such thing as being too picky you're just limited edition

• How do you know you like them if you haven't dated them, being the ones you like but don't like you, and the ones you don't like but do like you...

Give them a chance you never know.

• You're supposed to date someone to know if you like them?
      Okay it's not like I've been friends with them for years and I already know I don't like them like that or anything

• Yeah but you gotta be at least interested in them a little bit to try and date them

• It comes with time, if you don't at least give it some time you will never know

• I definitely wouldn't just settle for someone. Trust me, I've been there and I was super unhappy. Every text from him made him cringe. I don't think the league thing should exist because no one is ever out of anyone's league and don't let anyone make you feel that way. One day you'll find someone you are attracted to and will find you and your personality beautiful. Just give it time and don't force anything, it all comes natural.

• Personally, I have found chasing guys turns out sour. One had identity issues and the other had no time for me. Let a guy pick you and chase you. Being friends first usually helps.

• I feel you. Have been having a similar issue, but trust me eventually you'll find someone you like back!

• Yes.

• no. you should have high standards all the time. the perfect guy will come. never settle for anything less than what you deserve. but don't rely on someone's looks to be a perfect match for you. looks aren't shit without a good music taste and heart