If you're on a first date and you dislike the person, would you stay for the rest of the date or leave?

Say for example you know within the first few minutes or so of talking you realise you dislike their personality. Would you stay until the end of the date , or leave early?

Why, why not?

Most Helpful Guy

• Leave early. Especially if she was disrespectful. Not worth it to waste my time and theirs once I know I'm not interested. I'd wait until that point where I couldn't bear it anymore and then I'd kindly excuse myself. No sense in torturing myself.

Most Helpful Girl

• I had a very similar experience. I absolutely hated the guy, he kept bragging himself constantly and I told him that I had to leave since I had work the next day. Maybe you could come up with an excuse, so you can leave as early as you can.

What Guys Said 11

• I'd stay till the end. You could never guess a person personality in like few minutes yeah it could be annoying but i better try and find out or leave like a prick who has no manners. People who do that ain't worth nothing.

So you get yourself a date. You plan and think how it will go.
    You free time for it and to leave after all that nope.

There are times, i can't lie that i have meet really i mean really awful woman.

Had to stay trough all that still was worth it i learn a thing or two so next time i try to avoid it.

My take on this is learn from it and try to avoid bad people.

• An interesting question I'd like to see answers to. I remember one date I went on. We met at a restaurant and as soon as she looked at me, I could literally see the disappointment come across her face immediately (which I didn't get because she had seen my picture so I don't know what it was?). I could tell she wanted to just leave, but for some reason she didn't. We went through with the date, right until the end but it was VERY uncomfortable. It was obvious she wasn't into it AT ALL so why she stayed I have no idea? Needless to say, a 2nd date never happened lol. I should have just said to her "do you want to leave?" (maybe I did? Can't remember?) but I was so uncomfortable most of the date was in total silence.

For me, I guess it would depend on how much I didn't like them. I would probably stay, but cut the date short if I could? I've never been in this situation so?

• I would get up and leave. I am not about to waste my time on someone who is not worth investing time on.

• I would stay and simply not go on a second date.

• I feel it's rude to just leave early, so I'd stay

• I'd stay but try and rush the date along as quickly as I could.

• Stay but not go on any more dates after that

• I would say I had to go to the toilet and just not come back

• I have been there. I always stayed. Sometimes things got better.
    More often tan not they didn't.

• I would stay, I really like knowing people

• if there is food you should stay !! lol

What Girls Said 16

• Unless they do something really disrespectful or embarrassing that warrants for me to leave. I would be respectful and stay. If I dated. Either way, treat them how you desire to be treated back.

• It depends... if we just didn't have chemistry or I just wasn't feeling it I'd stay and see if a friendship was possible. If they were rude, disrespectful or unkind then I'd leave my share of the bill and haul ass out

• I would leave but it depends - if we are at a movie theatre - and they already paid for the tickets - I would stick around for the whole movie. likewise if we were at a restaurant and the food is already ordered - it would be rude to leave them with both the bill and the unfinished food. However - if no food has been ordered and no movie tickets have been purchased - you should leave to save them from wasting their time.

• I'd stay and then at the end tell them that I'm not interested in seeing them anymore.

Maybe I'll find that i made a quick judgment and change my mind. Or, maybe I'll just see that I was right and solidify my reasoning to never see him again.

Unless they do something over the top, like disrespect a server, or hurt an animal, or like disrespect like a homeless person, old person, or anyone really, then I'll just wait to the end. But try to cut it short lol

• Yes I would. I think it's polite that way and I wouldn't like it if someone leaves. But there won't be second for sure!

• Stay for half / one hour to be polite see if things change get better, you can't judge someone in a few mins, if not then say you have to be somewhere at x time

• I'd end it if it was a really crummy date. I'll just excuse myself to the bathroom and text a friend to call and say an emergency.

• I'd stay tor the rest of the date. Its just the courteous thing to do.

• stay until the end of the date to be polite, but leave as soon as it ends and avoid any further conversation.

• Id stay (unless they did something really bad) because I don't want to be rude

• it depends are they annoying or just downright disgusting? if annoying, I would stay but no more dates after.

• I would stay not to be rude

• I would stay. It would be rude to just take off like that

• Of course I would stay for education.

• Leave early

• I stay about an hour and say i have stuff to do for work.