Going on a date with a freshly single man, and need something to talk about that does not involve the ex?

I am going on a date with a man who just came out of an 8-year long relationship. I have not been in a long realtionship myself and I find it really intimidating that everything I dream of doing in a relationship, he has already done. But, I write here because I could need some help coming up with something to talk about on the date that has got nothing to do with the ex.. I mean any conversation on what he did in the past includes her in a way or another (We are 25). I already know what he is doing, where he has lived, that there is an ex, what music he likes etc.
It is usually not a problem to find something to talk about on a date, but I would like to have some "spare-topics" in case of emergency (That does not include the ex). Any tips?

21

What Guys Said 1

• talk about guitars.

What Girls Said 2

• Vacation/travel dreams and experiences, cooking and food, his friends and family, any pets

• Hobbies
    Travel
    Entertainment
    Future Plans
    Work/School