Why do guys only seem to want to be in 'casual relationships' with me? How can I make guys see me as 'girlfriend material'?

its all in the title haha.

Most Helpful Guy

• The one guy does have a point about sex. When a guy has sex with a girl, it changed his outlook on the relationship, and he no longer gets to know your heart, what you like and dislike, etc. The stuff of committed relationships. But if he gets that sex before he truly has emotional intimacy with you, physical intimacy will be all he cares about. I honestly would say keep from having sex from whatever guy (s) you talk to next. They'll either leave because all they wanted was to get in your pants, or stick around to actually get to know you

• I disagree. All people are different. I was in a relationship with a guy for almost a year before sleeping with him and we did know each other well but the chemistry wasn't there and that was what did us in in the end. I have also been F-buddies with someone, where all we did right off the bat was sex, for much longer than most people are before realizing we actually enjoyed each others personal company as well and he knows me now far better than the previous guy did and we are in a happy relationship going on three years.

• I didn't. I'm not the original asker

• Oh 😂 Its like not possible to view the original question so I didn't realize. Sowwwyyyyy

What Guys Said 18

• What are your opinions on the question? You really haven't given us any facts to work with.

• You're not choosing wisely enough. You appear too easy to them.

Hold out for a genuine guy, treat him well. He'll take you as his girlfriend if you're a real keeper.

So, what exactly do you bring to a relationship that is of high value? Have you made a big success of yourself? Time talent and treasure for a strong LTR? Are you MATE material? Or just good for a pump and dump?

Most of they guys are afraid of the outcome of a more serious relationship. Consider dating 3-10 years older, guys that already have their shit together.

• Because that's all guys generally want (myself included). It's not just you, no one is "girlfriend material" since most guys don't want a full-time girlfriend, that's just sometimes a necessary evil to to get in the pants of one we really want to fuck.

• Where do these guys come from? The settings you meet them in highly matter.

• basically any setting. uni, work, through friends, tinder lol (okay i know not to expect anything from the last one, but the others...)

I've never been in a serious relationship, and at 25 its kinda concerning me.

• yeh it makes me think its just me :\

• I'm sure you're all fine. Just the guys you keep running in to are not what you want or need. Cheer up :)

• hard to tell without no more information than

25-29 years old
    female
    so insecure you ask normal stuff anonymously

oh wait... did I just started to put the finger right onto something._.

• Define "girlfriend material." What is "girlfriend material" for him may not be what I consider "girlfriend material."

• Well, people today are scared of getting their feelings hurt so they get into these relationships then 6 months later say "oh I guess we should date huh?"

• Well, whilst it's great to accept responsibility and try to better yourself, it's also important to determine for sure if you are the problem, or if you've just had a string of bad luck and/or are picking the wrong guys.

Sure, you are the comment denominator, but that doesn't mean you are not girlfriend material.

It's hard to point out what you would need to change or improve on without knowing you, but keep fighting the good fight, good luck!

• If u were in my city witch u may be Lol. I'd wifey u up immediately. A girl who wants to be in a relationship and not just friends with benefits is a keeper. And don't worry babe I'd still let u have fun on side as long as u told me u were going to do it or after u did it but I wouldn't mind XoXo and no I would never cheat on my wife. That's not cool guys aren't aloud to sleep around its just the rules.

• What a pussy-worshiping desperate sap. I guess you just joined this site.

A note to you... This is not a dating app or site like tinder.

• Stop giving away the milk for free.

• its because you are not that type of girl any boy want to have sex , you are good and honest kind of girl and thats y no one try to mess with ur pantie

• When they want you so bad in bed than you must be having great boobs or great booty or maybe your sucking game is A+. WOW..

• change your attitude towards the whole matter.
    guys usually pick up on it.

• It means you make the relation casual.

• follow me

• Don't fuck them early, Make them wait 😜

• haha whether or not i have sex with them early doesn't seem to change their initial attitudes/views...

• Hmmm... you wanna discuss this on Snapchat?

• Making them wait or fuckinget them early makes no difference. The key is doing what you want. That way you find out real quick if you want the same things. If you want to fuck him because he turns you on, do it, don't pretend you don't want to or try to put it off, if you fuck him and you also like him, ask him to hang out, tell him you like him. That's all you know about him so don't try to make it more than that. You want a long term relationship so badly you are focusing more on that goal than you are focusing on finding out what you like or dont about the guy you are with. If he doest want to spend time with you and that is something you want, that is something about him you don't like. Dont view it as some problem with you, it's a personality trait a lot of guys have.

• Simple

Maybe If you stopped being a ho/slut for the first few months of getting to know him, he won't take you for only a casual ride or see your worth as nothing beyond casual. hehe XD

Also, If you're gonna avoid slutting around with him while you're getting to know him, you also can't be fucking around else where, because If there is something a guy can smell from a mile away... It's a slut XD

• You can start by explaining what the benefits of being in a more serious relationship would bring for the guy...

What Girls Said 4

• By stating from the very beginning that you're not looking for anything casual.

• How could you know that before you know the guy? Stop using a long term relationship as a goal, it should happen on its own. You shouldn't walk up to a guy you find attractive with a mindset that you already want to spend years and years with them. You have to get to know people as individuals, spend time with them, follow your heart AND your sex. If you want to sleep with someone right off the bat and they don't then that is a huge difference you both feel in your chemistry with each other. If you want to hang out and spend time with someone who doesn't want to do the same with you then your interests are different. You aren't going to know right away when you meet someone who is perfect for you, you will know when you have just accidentally spent six years together and still want to both fuck AND converse and hang out with that person. Quit focusing on your goal to have a long term relationship and start focusing on what is making you happy.

• @Mononoke088 I wasn't using a long term relationship as a goal, lol. I also never claimed that you should flat out walk up to a person and say exactly what I stated point blank; but in the natural occurrence of getting to know someone, your expectations are obviously going to come up, and there is NOTHING wrong with stating that you aren't into casual relationships and are hoping to find something meaningful. I never once said you shouldn't get to know the guy, chill out. Lol.

• I have had the same problem and I haven't been able to figure it out myself. Though I do blame myself everytime it happens sadly.

• It's the guys you are attracted to

• Find a different guy that actually respects you as you are