Long distance relationships?

what are your thoughts with long distance relationships? is it difficult? if so, how? is it hard to be faithful? how do you keep the relationship strong?

1512

Most Helpful Guy

• I've been in one and it didn't work out because we couldn't see each other. That doesn't mean it won't work out for anyone. I think the whole point of a relationship is being with the person so if you can't do that from time to time it seems pointless

Most Helpful Girl

• I've been in 2 long distance relationships. Yes, it's hard. Very hard. But in a way I think it makes us closer and stronger in the long run. We actually miss each other and the time spent together is special and not taken for granted. I'd rather live far away from him and feel close to him, than live with him and feel distanced.

I wish I could be with him all the time but it's mostly money that gets in the way. It's just the little things you miss most. Not being able to see him when I need to. A hug when I'm down. Looking into his eyes when I say I love him. A kiss before bed. Waking up to them there in the morning. It's really hard and you just wish for the distance to go away.

I don't think it's hard to be faithful though. For me it's no different than any other relationship. You miss the physical connection but that doesn't mean you're going to go elsewhere for it. If you honestly think you're going to do something stupid, don't go. Don't be around people you're attracted to. Don't flirt. If your SO is worried about you going out, reassure him/her because it's understandable.

Keeping it strong is a tough one. Communication I guess. Talk about what you've been up to in detail. Even if it sounds boring. Do things together online. Watch a film or YouTube video at the same time together. Send each other music, videos, memes. Playing games, webcam, voice chat. Send pictures or short videos every so often. When I visit, we usually leave something of each others. I leave one of my jumpers or something and he gives me one of his tshirts he has been wearing. It has his smell on it and I sleep in it at night to feel close to him. Sexting is something that helps too.

You need to visit each other when you can to just satisfy those needs for kissing, holding hands, hugs, etc. I think it's also important to have some sort of plan. How long is this going to stay long distance? Who is going to be the one that moves? Do you both move? Do you want to live with each other and settle down soon? It can't stay long distance forever. I like to plan a few months ahead of when I'm going to visit. We've got plans to move in together when we can afford to. We haven't got an exact date but just knowing it's going to happen makes it all worth while.

What Guys Said 11

• i am having a long distant relationship , i trust her she trust me and we talk to each other once in a week by that we have a lot to discuss a lot to know and it makes our life more special

• shit idea
    both sides will sleep about and deny it

there's no faithfulness and im yet to see one work

• LTR don't work.
    Relationships need closeness to work.

• They suck, don't bother.

• I am giving it a try

• They're all but impossible.

• have less expectation and you will do fine

• Itțs better to become friends rather then having a relationship

• 1. waste of time
    2. waste of money
    3. Don't do it!

• hell.. nothing more than

• It's better. You can have your freedom and be in relationship also. Best thing to have

What Girls Said 14

• I've tried it two times.. it's didn't work out for me. I didn't have any problem with being faithful, but it's hard, especially when you're both busy and it's hard to find time to meet. The second time the guy said that it was hard for him only to text without being able to see me (real contact). But it's also not impossible, it works perfectly well for some people.

• Depends. If you used to be a regular relationship and it became long distance you have that love keeping you together. I wouldn't want to start a relationship as long distance. I did long distance for a year. It was hard because communication was hard. It was mostly over text so tone was hard to interpret which caused numerous fights. It wasn't hard to stay faithful but it was very lonely. You just have to remember that it isn't long distance forever and once you make it through this part everything will be great again.

• Well, my long distance relationship was a guy only an hour and a half away. It sucked to not see him except on the weekends. I had no problems being faithful... apparently, it was super hard for him, though.

• I'm in one.

• It's not hard bein faithful but it does need time and effort. You're not seeing them face to face which plays a major role in the relationship. And plus i think it can be depressing liking someone that is so far from you reach.

• I think long distance relationship have good and bad sides to them. It's difficult because you can't see the person and have physical contact with them and share more memories as you would over text, FaceTime, Snapchat, etc.. You need a lot of trust with thee person to keep the relationship and knowing they're loyal. If you do have a LDR try having one person fly out to see each other every now and again. Good luck!(:

• Personally I don't think they work. Eventually you get lonely and want physical human contact.

• I was in one and while I was faithful to him he wasn't faithful to me now I wouldn't mind to be in LDR again I would just want the guy to be faithful.

• It's difficult cus you're missing each other so much

• Its so difficult

• It's very very difficult.

• For me difficult

• I don't belive long distance relationship work. You can't touch or hold hands etc.

• I'd advise against a LDR. They rarely, if ever, work out. Trust isssues develop over time because you can't meet up with the person when you want to, and you start to get jealous of people who can spend time with them in real life. All you have us texts, calls, and video calls. That's not enough to keep a relationship strong.

The ultimate goal for a LDR is to eventually meet up. If you can't meet up regularly then it's pointless being together. They are too difficult to maintain, and in most cases they don't survive the distance

A virtual relationship can never compare to a relationship in real life. How can it , when you can't cuddle, kiss , feel each other's touch , or spend quality time together... making memories.

A LDR could never fulfil my emotional and physical needs. I love giving and receiving affection too much.