Guys, Is this a valid reason to cancel a date or should I take the hint?

I've been casually dating a guy for a few weeks and he asked me to do something fun with him tonight.. This afternoon he sent a message saying that he'll be running late because one of his friends is going through a tough break up..

Is this a valid excuse or should I just take the hint that he doesn't want to spend time with me?

Sooo he never showed up

Most Helpful Guy

• I'd have to say that in this situation, his friend is more important than a date, that's how it should be, he said he'd be late, if he made it, let it be, because some day you'll need him to be there for you, and if you're his girl, he'll put the rest of the world off for your needs. You're just not there yet.

I wouldn't read any more into it, and just believe this guy has some serious values, and he honors those within his circle.

He might be a winner, and totally worth that wait.

• He never showed? Did he say why? Or did he call you to let you know?

What Guys Said 26

• Sounds like an excuse. Wait for him to contact you and, if he doesn't within a few days, you know it was an excuse.

• No my dear.. it is not about the validity of a statement. it's after that.. how desperately he attempts to run back to you to stick to the earlier plan.. or probably a new one! 😊 .. So check with him if his so called friend is ok now.. n ask him casual things except this meeting thing. if he is smart enough.. he shall figure out what he needs to do to spend time with you.. take time dear.. have a nice time.. Good luck !!

• Don't take a flake hard. Who knows what could've happened. Happens all the time with guys, it shouldn't be any different with girls.

• sure it seems like a valid excuse. it may be b. s. but on the surface it is totally valid

• Oh geez, the jealous girlfriend. Let the guy have his friend (s) - it has nothing to do with you. While we understand your entire world revolves around you and your feelings, are you always like this? IT'S NOT ALL ABOUT YOU!

• It to me is a valid excuse. Wait for him to respond the day after and beyond, to see if he reschedules or not.

• He's running late not ignoring or cancelling, calm your tits

• "Running late" is one thing... never showing up is another. When you're having a tough time, you expect your friends to be there for you right? Doesn't he.. and his friends deserve the same? Or are you picking up vibes that he's losing interest?

• Well being late dosen't mean cancelling, does it? I'd say it's OK as excuse, but if he never showed up you could also suspect he's not that involved in spending time with you, which could be a hint

• He said he'll be running late. He never canceled the date did he? Doesn't sound like it to me.

• I wouldn't call him out on anything I mean you understand the bond between bros is sacred just like the bond between two girls and I think you need to respect that from him I mean that's a pretty valid reason if you ask me. Try it again to hang out with him and if he does the same shit then take the hint it's called watching for sequencing.

• If he wasn't interested, he'd cancel outright and/or block you.

• bullshit, for a real case of this he would have setup with you another moment to do that and appologize for it...

• valid reason

its a guy thing

• Well, that does sound like a valid reason, but if it happens again, then I would take the hunger

• If he didn't cancel (or if he canceled but offered alternative time) then he's interested.

• he is playing video game or enjoying movie with his buddies may be he is watching pornhub or something

• Calm down. He is coming for you. Guys do not give excuses unless there is a need for one.. Think positively.

• Oh.. Then he does not deserve you.. Just move on.. Ladkon ki koi kami nahi hy is desh mein.. Voh bhi single 😂

• He doesn't like you

• Well if it a beautiful young lady he's making a bad choice and I would try to set up another date but teach him a lesson maybe have a movie night at home and invite him over. And when he arrives surprise him by tieing him up and then tell him I have a special treat. This is when you let your real date come in. let him watch you get fucked by a real man and he won't ever want to leave u again he he maybe even tease him with a real mans dick.

• You're sick, dude. I mean I get the whole Harley Quenzel thing, but you're waaay overreacting.

Also, you're telling her to kidnap him. So she will get in jail, if she does that.

• @Opinion owner You're a disgusting psycho

• Wait for one more hint.

• Of course it is! What do YOU do in this type of situation?

• follow me

• Guys dont give a damn about anyone else s breakup. Reinstall tinder :)

• It's valid to me at least. But if he doesn't say anything for a few weeks then it looks like he's done with you.

• Most of the guys said it already. I'd wait