Guys, Is this a valid reason to cancel a date or should I take the hint?

I've been casually dating a guy for a few weeks and he asked me to do something fun with him tonight.. This afternoon he sent a message saying that he'll be running late because one of his friends is going through a tough break up..

Is this a valid excuse or should I just take the hint that he doesn't want to spend time with me?
Sooo he never showed up

27

Most Helpful Guy

• I'd have to say that in this situation, his friend is more important than a date, that's how it should be, he said he'd be late, if he made it, let it be, because some day you'll need him to be there for you, and if you're his girl, he'll put the rest of the world off for your needs. You're just not there yet.

I wouldn't read any more into it, and just believe this guy has some serious values, and he honors those within his circle.

He might be a winner, and totally worth that wait.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • He never showed? Did he say why? Or did he call you to let you know?