Why do guys get called insecure just because they don't want to date promiscuous women?

I've seen it on here. Some girl asked a question wondering why this guy didn't want to date her after telling him that she had a lot of previous partners and a few one night stands. At least half the people that responded said that he's just very insecure.
First person to respond with a picture of a pumpkin gets MHO

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 10

• Not all men who don't want promiscuous women are insecure, but there are insecure men out there who cannot handle the idea of a woman who has seen another dick in her life; they value virginity and low numbers because there is this perpetual fear that because another man has touched her that he won't be able to outdo his prowess, or that because another man has had her that it innately means that having sex with her is no longer special since he can't be her first and only.

All in all it's okay to not wanna get on the village bicycle but if she's seen a dick or two some dudes need to chill out with the extremism even if they don't wanna date them.

• The same reason they call anybody insecure for not wanting to have sex, date or marry them because they had so many partners or had sex before marriage. Or are single parents themselves, or because they believe that your 'fear' of being compared sexually or in a spiritual sense, you embodying every sex partner they and you had as irrational. Sex is a very big deal, and your stance on it overall should be respected especially if it's reasonable. I have more respect for men who doesn't agree with that life choice, than a guy who participates in it. You have the right to reject a person based on those standards, mostly as you hold onto yourself.

• Promiscuous women usually have STDs and I think these guys are thinking of their 'lives'

• because they think that men can't like handle it because sometimes people think men should handle any woman, even if she's a slut. its the same for me, i dont want to date a slut because its nasty, I don't know its just called having standards, i guess these people have an issue with other men having basic standards

• I don't know i've heard the same for girls

• My dad is like that, he'll be all like "boohoo I'm lonely" and I'm like omg dad just go find a chick at the bar and he goes "EW DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY DICKS THEY GET EVERY MONTH?" so I think it's more of like a sanitary issue maybe?

• Nvr seen that to me that's just being smart

• I wouldn't want to date a promiscuous person either

• some just feel offended I guess

• Who's calling men insecure because they don't want to date promiscuous women?
    People don't really judge for romantic preferences anymore. No one's obligated to date anyone they don't want to.

What Guys Said 5

• My guess..
    Because it's politically correct to shame and attack men for any perceived harm real or imagined against women.
    While at the same time it's unacceptable to criticize women for their behavior, especially if you do not also at the same time attack men in some way.

• 0|1
  • Its a manipulation on their part. They also like to make a big deal about us not being attracted to powerful women. They don't intimidate me, I'm just not attracted to a woman with masculine energy like my own. Sorry ladies

• It's the reverse of slut shaming. Sluts are upset that no man gives a fuck about anything more than their used up vaginas.

• because there's a chance that she caught something and a just as high chance she'll sleep about while with saus guy