Why do people date co-workers... don't they know it will turn ugly?

This is a common subject. People always ask questions about getting together with co-workers, or even worse, Bosses.

This is a terrible idea.

Why?

Because, everyone will talk about this. No, you cannot keep it a secret. Everyone knows "who's doing who". People can see the subtle looks, body language, etc. People will talk about you, in some cases, negatively, because they know it isn't cool.

If the 2 parties are overt in their relationship, it creates a nonprofessional environment, which can lead to difficulties with the bosses.

If it IS a boss, then problems with the next level of management may occur. Rumors are worse. "Look who's sleeping themselves upward".. on and on.

THEN, if the relationship fails. What then? Well, the talk gets worse. The two parties themselves may talk poorly about the other person. Rumors are started. True or false, a bad environment ensues.

Nothing good becomes of this.

Most Helpful Girl

• You are making a good point there, and honestly i have seen a lot of co-workers dating each other in my work, and like you said usually when the relationship fails (MOSTLY BECAUSE OF WORK) then the whole concentration goes flying, it came even to that point that ONE had to quit the job.

I would never date my Co - workers like, cmon i don't want to see my boyfriend the whole day every day and every nigh NO HELL NO... -_-

What Girls Said 3

• I dated my co-worker. Best thing I ever did. It doesn't always turn ugly

• um my boyfriend was my coworker.. we been together for 5 years now

• I've a crush on a coworker whos dating another coworker. Yep.. itll stay as crush

What Guys Said 3

• Well after college it is harder to meet people so its not surprising that people would fall for the people they see every day.

• i used to
    was fun

didn't turn ugly, we just mutually broke it off since i left the company

great lunch times though

• Totally stupid... I've seen all that happen.. gossip and harassment after people break up... really gets ugly... one guy got fired over some flirty thing he did at work.

• I've seen that, too... except the fired part.