How soon is too soon to date after a relationship?

I've been talking to this guy for a few weeks now and we really have a strong connection. We got set up and sparks flew. We have so much in common and the exact same sense of humor. I know that he recently got out of a relationship in November. That conversation hasn't really come up yet, but I'm just wondering how long we should wait to make things official? I don't see anything getting in the way of us being together but I don't want him to jump into things too fast. I like him so much and the sex is really good. There's a lot of trust so I really want this to workout.

Note that he was the one in a recent relationship. Not me. I've been single for a while

317

Most Helpful Guy

• You've been "talking" for a few weeks and the sex is good. You must know some very powerful words!

You are having sex but you aren't dating and you want to know if it's too soon to have a relationship. You already are having a relationship and you are playing a word game by not being honest with yourself about what you are doing.

Most Helpful Girl

• There is no time line its up to you to feel when you're ready and to make sure the next person is not a rebound unless you're looking for that. Dating can really open you up and brin you back to the person you were before your relationship, a lot of people get consumed in their relationship that they forget who they are.

• He's he one who just got out of a relationship not me. I'm worried I might be his rebound but how can I tell?

• Just spend time with him sometimes people even when just getting out of a relationship their previous relationship could've been over mentally a while ago

What Guys Said 16

• It's different for everybody. Some guys can get out of a 3 year relationship and be fine after a week. While other take much longer. It also depends on who broke up with who, how invested the person was in the relationship... etc.
    It doesn't hurt to talk to him about it. He might just want sex instead of all the strings that come with a relationship though... so just keep that in mind.

• I say 6 months, see girl, a woman's goal after a break up is to not be the loser. I have a friend with a severe mental illness and rather than accept that was the reason her relationships failed she just ended up hitting them, cheating on them, hurting them in every way possible. And after the break up she would just run and find another guy to date and repeat the cycle. This went on for years!!! She finally got help and is doing better, even then her new man pounded his own head into the wall over frustration with her.
    She still won't accept that she is mentally ill and even though we can't give the guy excuses she makes men go there. I don't think she's been without weenie for more than a week since she turned 18 So I suggest taking 6 months off from men all together and build yourself up the right way and not showing everyone on social media your gym membership, new hair, make up and new man in an attempt to make it seem like you were not the blame in your relationship regardless of what happened

• I'm not the one who had the recent breakup though. He is

• Then you are on the road to being a rebound girl, which usually won't work out for you

• I'd say within the very first day or two, I'd be uncomfortable if a girl asked me on a date the very same day we started dating.

• Ask your potential boyfriend how soo is too soon

• You have already made it "official".

• What do you mean?

• If you are having sex, know each others' names and still see each other, then you are dating.

• About twenty minutes. :)

• Damn he might of played you, dude just busted a nut and he ain't even yours. You already had sex with him just Go ahead and ask him.

• You should give all the time and options if you want the thing to work in your favor again. If you dnt you will regret later. So, wait until to can or you want to go back.

• He was he one in the relationship. Not me

• I couldn't of said it any better!

• Oh, he is out of relation with someone else?
      Was he serious with her? You might want to wait.

• Like 1 month is too soon in my opinion

• Maybe one day is too soon, but the day after that, it's on lmao

• When you're ready, but make sure you chill and clear you're head first.

• let him do the job

• 15 secs is too soon. Anything after that is fine

• next day of breakup

• Everybody's different. Not much more complicated than that...

• immediately.

What Girls Said 2

• If you haven't talked about it then you shouldn't be thinking about it there's no set time if you're over it you move on that could be the next day or three years the fact is its not your choice it's his

• You can get into one as soon as both parties are ready