People feeling empowered online?

I've noticed in online dating as well as this site, many people will say things they would NEVER say in person to a stranger. One example: I had a guy on a dating website ask me what color panties I was wearing for him after exchanging hellos. Really? I ripped him a new one and the coward blocked me! Lol I feel like people have a lot more confidence sitting behind a computer having an exchange with a stranger. So my question is, has anyone else taken note of this and have stories? What is this world coming to?

Most Helpful Guy

• Oh yeah hundreds of times. a lot of guys on here go after women for no reason. My friend told me that a guy said to her that she looks like a tray and her opinion doesn't matter. Also he felt like hitting her. Like wtf?

• Exactly my point. I feel like these people somehow feel empowered by taking to someone that way. Kind of sick really...

• That's right. I can't help but image some worthless reject sitting there being a jerk. No respectable human would behave this way...

• Thank you for the MHO!

Most Helpful Girl

• Lmao I have had dude tell me sexual shit about feet, asked for my address, told me they wanted me to dominate them, that they wanted me to watch them eat their own cum - the internet attracts the socially inept weirdos unfortunately.

What Guys Said 6

• We are guarded by guilt, denial, and entertainment. So we abuse what ever freedom we can get. People talk shit cause they know they can say with momentarily. But funny part is why da fuck would he ask you that stupid ass question. Lol like seriously. Give me 2 of what he got. The balls on this one. Lol after you ripped him I bet you it's small now. ­čśé

• I wonder what he expected me to say? I SHOULD have said whatever color my penis fits in lmao

• Hell naw! Hahaha. This women is silly. Omg! You should of said that. That'll be the highlight of the day. Hahaha ­čśé Haven't heard that come back before.

• I'm so bummed I didn't think of it until after the fact but I would have said it without a doubt had it come to mind in time!

• Whatever you have observed is totally correct.. People sitting behind the systems are fearless as they know that no one is gonna crib about them being a jerk.. though it's actually their upbringing.. avoid them as bubonic plague!!­čśŐ

• I've talked to many "keyboard warriors" online. They are men and women that think they are 15 feet tall and weigh two tons just because they act tough behind a computer screen.

• Isn't it hysterical? I can't help but envision that these people are actually social zeros in reality!

• I think you're exactly right. Kind of sick someone gets pleasure out of being so demeaning to another human

• I agree with you.

• I had someone threaten to give me a cyber bruise once, they were being serious.

• Lmao! I'm not sure what exactly that entails but it's freaking hysterical

• Some do, some would be more empowered in real life.
    "Keyboard warriors" can easily turn into the shitty people in real life if given too much shit

• That's common knowledge by now.

What Girls Said 0