Depressed about constantly getting led on and rejected or flaked on. Is anyone else frustrated by this and how do you overcome this?

i never ask women for their numbers without being sure a female initiates conversation with me and looks to be showing interest in me as well by constantly making conversation but it always leads to I have a boyfriend. I'm depressed because I'm not just randomly asking for numbers I never ask women out without them showing interest first but when I do it leads to this, many keep trying to make conversation or ask about me or laugh at things I say or say they like my smile or eyes or my shoes etc yadada pretty much all the signs girls say to look for or women showing interest but it always leads to oh I have a boyfriend or sorry I was just trying to make small talk, or my boyfriend has the same shoes or that shirt would look good on my boyfriend. I'm honestly frustrated and In the few times where a woman does give me her number, she either never answers, flakes and doesn't show up, or doesn't show any interest when I text giving one word answers, I feel like sh! t because this always happens and females get giggly or show interest but then all of a sudden it's I have a boyfriend, why then flirt with me or lead me on to think that they like me or want me to ask for their number? I feel like I'm just a self esteem booster by getting me excited thinking that they are interested, does anyone else constantly go through this.

12

What Girls Said 1

• You overcome it by becoming a better judge of people. Women get mistreated and misled as well by men. Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice, well... you know the rest of it.

What Guys Said 2

• okay, my advice here would be REFUSE their number, just tell them up front, no thanks and go... if they give their number so easily and don't even bother to pick up or answer texts it means that their number is as easy as they are, just try it once, if a girl does this say "ehm... no thank you" and smile, then leave, see their reaction, if this would have happened just once i would have never suggested this... but it pisses me off! don't worry, there is nothing wrong with you, if someone gives you their phone number it is like a little responsibility

• I grab a pillow, and hug it until I'm done crying.