About how much should a guy spend on a promise right?

The relationship is very complicated. There are people and things that don't want us together. He is fighting for me every way that he can. He wanted to get me a promise ring because under the circumstances that we are in, it holds a lot of meaning. The ring cost an average of $150. It's absolutely gorgeous but I'm curious if that's a lot for a promise ring or not.

Most Helpful Girl

• I mean, it's really up to him. My brother spent $270 on a promise ring for his girlfriend, and I know someone who spent about $110. it really just depends on what he wants to get you and how much he wants to spend. if he really wants to get you something that nice for that price, let him.

• It's interesting to see how differently people think. This was a little bit of a comfort. Thank you

• <3 :)

What Guys Said 2

• Well I don't think you should worry too much about the price as long as it's a promise ring.

Between can you allow me to send a pm, I have few things to ask

• what flavor ring pop you like?

What Girls Said 2

• way too much

• I don't believe in promise rings. They are meaningless , it's meant to be a symbol of your commitment to each other, but I'd rather just be treated in such a way that lets me know he's committed to me. I don't need money spent on me to prove he's committed to me

You shouldn't have to pay any amount on anything to prove how much you care for someone.

• I understand where you are coming from and I completely agree. He doesn't have to and that's exactly what I told him. He treats me like a queen and I love him very much. It's something he wanted to do because he is a romantic and is always looking for additional ways to show me how committed he is.