How to showing more affection and care to a guy when long distance?

The guy I've been seeing has said that he wants to here from me more and I can call him if I want. I guess I've been scared to overwhelm him with messages since he's far away on business and in a different time zone (12 hrs ahead). I've sent him random pics of me when I go out or do something interesting (and he has as well) but sometimes he gives brief responses so I don't know what to think. He's been really busy lately with work and working long hours. How can I show him that I care and am thinking of him in sweet ways that he'll like?

Most Helpful Guy

• I am in a long-distance relationship and I'm studing at the University, so often, when I am not with her, I haven' t much time to hear her.
    I suggest not to write huge messages, use the moments in which you can call him for that kind of things. (it might put the "burden" of response on him, and the scarcity of time isn't a good friend of it)
    Usually pics and not-so-long messages in which you show what you do are pretty much appreciated, also if they do not get an explicit, immediate response.

In general, during the days in which he has free time, understand that he might just want spend a little time alone making his brain rest and then you could talk via voip, watch films together, do deep conversations, and do all those couple-things without being physically together.

Sex could be an issue in all of this if the time is a lot. Try to make at least him think at you also sexually in that case. I'm not a fan of chatting-sex, videochatting-sex and all this shit, but at least make him remember that when he'll come back he'll have you.

• > I suggest not to write huge messages
      > it might put the "burden" of response on him

I understand what you're saying (and it's considerate), but I'd personally just reassure him that it's fine if he doesn't have time to respond, but I just had to send him something. In my experience, it's a bad idea to think for other people. :)

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 8

• Make a quick little video to say hi or share something, instead of just a pic... in my experience guys love that!

• Send him something! He'll definitely appreciate it, especially if you include a romantic letter.

• If he suggested you call, it means you should call. If you either call in the morning or in the evening 8pm - 11pm you would be fine. :)

• im in a LDR right now.. what i do is just text him Good morning (u r always on my mind) and its up to him to reply at his convenience time.. and i will send him pictures and text him my activities sometimes (not always gottaa play hard to get a bit). and either of us will wish goodnight... so basically me and my boyfriend will wish each other goodnight and good morning so in the goodnight message he will tell me what he did during the day... just stuff like that

• Spice up those photos...

• It's not easy , all you have is messages and words when you're long-. distance.

I used to send my long- distance boyfriend videos and pictures of my everyday life. Places I'd been etc so he felt part of my life. I'd send him sweet cards and token gifts via post too. We'd arrange a date night via Skype. We'd have a meal and watch a movie together. It helped us feel closer

• How long have you been together and when is he coming back?

• about 5 months and 2 weeks

• Its quite difficult