Do you tell your mom about the person you like or dating?

I'm kind of regreting why I told my mom about I guy I was seeing and dating for a while. I know it's important to not keep secrets, but my mother keeps bringing it up or acting like I can't have guy friends. I'm thinking of just not telling her when I'm interested in a guy until I know things are serious.

27

Most Helpful Guy

• No, if I tell my mum, then it'd spread like fire to my whole family. Cousins, aunties, uncles, their friends, all from Turkey. They WOULD gossip about me and the girl. At least I'm glad I was born in the UK. I really don't understand my Turkish family.

Most Helpful Girl

• Nope.
    Only if I'm actually dating them, I'll talk about them.

What Guys Said 6

• Oh hell no. My mom is way to nosey and asks way too many questions. I don't bring any girls home u til we sre serious.

• I never liked anyone and I never dated anyone so I never had to tell her anything about that. I don't share things that easily with my mom either.

• I don't.

• I changed 5 girlfriends she still thinks there was that first one haha I hate people who poke their nose in my business.

• Only because she bugs me to see if she's going to have grand kids soon

• I don't tell her because dating is taboo for us.

What Girls Said 1

• I usually don't mention it until it becomes serious. My dating life is not her business