Is a ten year age gap to much?

Pretty simple question really I've had a couple girls coming onto me pretty strong. But they are still 18-19 years old. And I am pretty new to the dating scene in general. Should I pursue something with one of them or am I to old? Side note I'm only really interested in one of them but when it rains it pours 😌.

• No don't to young
  • Go for it age is a number.
  • Depends. Please Elaborate.
    Vote C
Select a gender to cast your vote:

1614

Most Helpful Guy

• If you don't have much experience dating, girls who are 18-20 may be a good match for you. What is important is not age per se but experience and interests.

What Girls Said 16

• To me it's about where you are in life. A 19 y/o and a 29 y/o are vastly different stages of life. If you are looking for an actual relationship and not just having fun, there's going to be some major problems due to age. First being that she will be changing and maturing until and about 25. You may like each other now, but what about after she matures a bit? Also, she's really immature and young. She's probably never held down a full time job, worried about 401ks, house down payments, or insurance. If those are things you have to deal with, are you going to care if your partner doesn't give a shit about that? What if you want kids in 4 years and she's like "no way in only 23"? Just some stuff for you to think about.

• depends~ the legality is a non-issue, since both of you are adults, but age-gap relationships often don't last because the older partner tries to parent the younger one.

i once dated a guy 14 years my senior (i was in my late teens/early 20s, he was in his 30s) and we were together for ~7 years. but, around the halfway point, he started 'parenting' me. he always needed to know where i was and who i was with, and he often said things like "don't do x or i'll y".

these are things we ask of children, not people we consider to be equal partners. so, if you can steer clear of these things, you may have long-term potential. otherwise, keep it casual.

• My boyfriend is 10 years older than me. We are awesome together!

Age somewhat matters. If they are 18 or 19 they don't have much experience either, but they also may be really immature and play games with you. Seriously some girls my age are mean af.

And dating experience doesn't always mean they are good at dating. My boyfriend has dated over 40 women, but when we first got together he refused to tell me if I hurt his feelings.

What's most Important is what you want and expect from the relationship. Do you want a serious relationship? Chill? See each other every other day or on weekends? Smoker or non smoker? Drink or not? Is she the same maturity as you? All these questions are far more important than age.

• My fiancé is 10 years older than me. I think it's fine as long as you are both legal. I've seen bigger age gaps.

• I was 19 when I met my ex and he was 36. Each woman should be looked at as an individual instead of her age. She's legal and old enough to make her own decisions.

• If you're looking for something serious, then obviously it won't work with a 18 year old. But if you're just looking for a fling and some fun, then go for it.

• There's nothing wrong with 10 year age gap. I've dated someone 11 years younger before. But it also depends on the ages you're looking at. The older you get the more acceptable it is. In this case... I wouldn't say this is okay. If you pursue this, it most likely won't last long.

• My boyfriend is 17 years older than me, and yes, I'm 18 (this month I'll be 19) and we are almost 2 years together. So, I think age is just a number, more important is who is your crush/girlfriend. I mean, you must to know her before starting a relationship. Remember every little thing as what she likes or dislikes. Just be yourself when getting to know her, ask questions, listen and you won't have any troubles. I wish you all best. :)

• Ever since an early age I've known I liked older men. And I think it is passion, experience, strong wills that draw any girl or woman to a man of such strong abilitys. But dont be a creeper XD Be yourself<3

• I dated a guy who's 10 years older when I was 18 and it was great until his mom stepped in and convinced him that he should be dating a woman who's ready for marriage. I have to admit I really wasn't but we still dated on and off for 2 years but I just couldn't see myself being married so we broke up. But it's just my personal experience tho I can't say for others.

• 10 years is ok some people are more mature than other.

• i was 22 before and my ex boyfriend is 32.. its fine i like older guy.. but its not okay when u r 18 or below 21 and ur boyfriend is 10 years older... if u r 23, 24 its fine... im 25 and my boyfriend is 32 now

• My husband is ten years older than me. I don't see a problem with it.

• My parents are 15 years apart and I know other couples who are far apart to. It's common to look for someone with the same maturity as you and maturity doesn't really have an age.

• My aunt is fifteen years older than my uncle. Ten years is fine as long as you're both legal however maturity level should also be taken into consideration

• Age matters less and less as you get older but dating a teen in your late 20s won't look great... later on it won't matter though.

What Guys Said 13

• I tried it once. 10 year age difference from 17 to 27.

It lasted 18 months which is more than I thought it would. I think you'll find there's a very large gap in life priorities and expectations. Here I was working full-time, paying off my home and thinking of a family. While she was starting university, in classes during the day, studying during the night, and wanting to party and get drunk on the weekends. I had the money to do whatever, she was young and a hot piece of ass. It kinda worked out at first.

If you don't see it going anywhere in the long-term, then go ahead and get your nuts off while you can still attract the young ladies. I'm pretty sure the magic will simmer down after a year, when the differences between the two of you become more apparent.

• the general rule I've seen is half your age plus 7 is acceptable
    so if you're 25 take half that (12-13) and add 7 (19-20)
    if you're 29 it would be 21-22
    a 10 year gap is a little large but if the feelings are very strong there's no point in not exploring your options

• my parents have a 10 year age gap too and it worked perfectly fine. both of you are adults, so no problem

• That's every man's dream

• I think as far as me if I were you I wouldn't want to date them. I hate drama, haven't lived life, immaturity and games. Now I'm not saying every 18/19 year old girl does this but a lot do. But on the other had if I meant someone who was 35/36 and amazing I'd date them.

• Go for it man. As long as they are legally adults there's no problem.

• if they are 18 and you are 28 then probly yeah. Besides, them girls are dumber than rocks.
    But if she's 22 and you're 32 then it might work out okay. The older you get the less of an issue ten years is. By the time you're 50 it's nothing.
    If you're 25 it's a big deal.

• Age is just a number

• When I was 31, I dated two 19 year olds back to back. I don't see an issue with it.

• No, ten years younger than you is way too much

• I personally wouldn't be interested. But they are adults already.

• At your age it would be legal but still inappropriate

• I prefer to date women that are the same age or near it. I'm 27 so 24-29 is usually my gap. I don't think experience matters but I don't really care to date 18-22 year olds especially since my youngest brother is 21.