How do I possibly build a friendship with this guy? Is it by simply initiating a conversation?

Hello I would please appreciate some tips into his case

In January I began my second semester of university and in one of my evening classes I decided to sit next to this guy in which I had previously never met or spoken to. So weeks went by and we would simply sit next to one another and just smile at one another but no speaking involved, and then strangely enough he happens to be in another of my classes and anytime I would see him we would smile at one another and at times when our eyes locked his face would turn red ! and even at times he would try to catch a glance at me anytime he thought I wasn’t looking in which I caught him staring a week ago ! So last Wednesday he finally began a conversation and asked me if I was in his other class and we began speaking about our classes and he asked me a few questions and then that was it for that day as we had to stop talking due to our lecture resuming. Then two days ago he suddenly decided to sit behind me in our other class and I then decided to initiate a conversation by asking him how he felt about our upcoming test and we just chatted for a bit and then didn’t speak for the rest of the class. As I left I then told him goodbye he just looked away and nodded and ask we walked in both directions I decided not to initiate a conversation as I didn't want to seem overbearing but I caught him staring at me. Then today once again he decided to sit right next to me and began a conversation and we chatted a bit and I initiated a bit of the conversation as well and then we then said our goodbyes. anyhow I would love to get to know him better but I’m shy so most likely I’m a bit awkward how do I go about this? Is it by simply initiating conversations? Thank you !

Most Helpful Girl

• Of course. You are overthinking what you should say or do, but initiating a conversation with someone is quite simple and it's not supposed to be embarrassing. I mean, nothing could go wrong in most cases.
    You said you have already chatted a bit, so next time you see him, you be more courageous and you should ask him to hang out.

What Guys Said 3

• Don't stress it, keep talking like you do, if the conversations keep going, ask him out for a drink (NOT a date). Also, exchange numbers or Facebook or whatever

• Starting a conversation would be a good place to start. And maybe ask for his number soon

• play it cool !! conversation are best !

What Girls Said 0