How to apologize for not texting back?

My friend and I went out to see a game and he took me out to dinner. The next few days he had been acting super nice to me and later asked to hang out. He texted me saying that if I wanted to go out with him and I never responded, not because i feel uncomfortable but just because I kept forgetting to respond. It's been two weeks and I feel extremely bad. I like him as a friend just think I messed that up by waiting too long to respond back.

32

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, nobody likes a person who doesn't respond fast and then you said you forget to reply and that is definitely not good. What you can do now is apologize to him for not responding on time, however if he is a person who is particular about communication skills and responds quickly then don't expect him to accept your apology, but yes you can try no doubt.

Most Helpful Girl

• "Waiting too long" and "forgetting to reply" are two different things.

I feel like he likes you, you don't seem to like him in that sort of way. I would apologise. Maybe set up another hang out. Something you should organise. If you feel any remorse from that situation. It's the effort

What Guys Said 1

• Say you're sorry and thats pretty much it. Try to respond quicker in the future.

What Girls Said 2

• Just say sorry but life took over along the lines of "Do you still want to hang out because I would like to [insert something to do] and we could do it together? Let me know."

• I think it may be better to call, you'll seem more sincere as text can be misinterpreted. Arrange a time to see him so he knows you weren't ignoring him but we're genuinely just busy. Take him for coffee or lunch on you or something. Dw too much he seems like a cool guy, he might have understood you were busy so didn't hound you with text in the last two weeks and gave you some space.