Love in Europe?

I'll move to a European country for work so I wonder how love things work in Europe?
Europeans are comfortable? Like if I say "I like you" easily will he feel uncomfortable?
Or are they jealous? Because I dont like jealous men.
If you give me informations i'll be glad.
Thanks.

26

Most Helpful Guy

• Some people always get pissed off when someone divides the continent into Western and Eastern but there are definite cultural differences the farther from the center you venture. For example I was stunned at how relaxed some people in the west were in regards to relationships, sexuality, fidelity and an overall "everything goes" type of outlook. Meanwhile in the East there are certain... um... "old school" type of views. To use your example: Tell a westerner you know little about "I like you!" and you'll probably get the same answer. Tell that to an Easterner and he'll be surprised and think you're making a fun of him or it's some mean prank. Also jealousy is not exactly the right word. You flirt with someone beside your partner in the East and you'll get slapped and kicked out of the house. Do that in the West and you get a "Meh". Of course I'm overgeneralizing and oversimplifying but from what I've noticed Westerners are more easy going and superficial while easterners are neither. It is also reflected in the way they treat immigrants - legal or otherwise. Westerners will go out of their way to accommodate you. Easterners will help out and be warm as long as you are respectful toward their way of life and don't cause any trouble. Also Central and Western Europe have nice cities while Eastern has nice nature. The West is relatively expensive, the East is relatively cheaper when it comes to living.

Most Helpful Girl

• Well we are all different in every aspect, i don't think that you should worry about these things when you want to come and work for your future, you should set that priority high and in the mean time you will learn how people are.

It still depends in which country you are deciding to go, we are all different from another just like everyone eats different typical foods :)

Maybe you should specify the country you are planing to go.

What Guys Said 5

• You should honestly by your age understand that Europe is not a single unified culture, so depending on where exactly you go, the people will be quite different.

• I want general answers you dont have to answer like "in italy, in France, in whatever" style.

• That was my point, there is no "general answers" because opinion varies widely in you Europe. You will get a whole different reaction to your question whether the person you ask comes from Northern, Southern, Western or Eastern Europe, which is further influenced by the majority religion and other cultural aspects. But I guess I'm wasting my time here, because you seem to be too stupid to realize any of that.

• I've never been in Europe so I think it is normal to ask that why you get angry like that lol you have problems.
      And you are stupid too if you answer a question you find stupid.
      Asshole

• about my understanding of some cultures in Europe, if you can say "I like you " and not flirt too much then I guess the Netherlands ( holland) is more like that.

• Europe is a vast continent, consisting of many different countries.

• In Italy it's different than in France. In the netherlands you can tell someone you like him/her without being to flirty.
    I don't know how it's in UK Because EU is not one country.

• which place have you decided to go?

• First UK after 1.5 year i'll go to Italy

• you'll enjoy the company Pvt there.. don't involve in serious relationship

What Girls Said 1

• It depends in which country you're in. I'm living in Europe and I find it a quite nice place.

• I'll live in UK and italy