Do you think people should be very physically attracted to their SO? Or do a lot people settle for someone they're not very attracted to?

Personality is a huge part of attractiveness, don't get me wrong. But, sometimes I'll see a couple and wonder how a guy could be physically attracted to the girl he's with or vice versa. And I can't really imagine settling for a girl that I'm not very attracted to, both physically and her personality.
Is that bad? And do other people settle? Or are they actually attracted? Are you physically attracted to your bf/gf?

Update

128

Most Helpful Girl

• This is the thing; attraction changes once you get together. My boyfriend and I were attracted to each other, but at the time I wasn't in the best shape (not overweight but a little heavier for a petite girl), but he cared about me and still loved me, obviously still felt attracted to me. As we got together I've gotten a lot more fit than I was when we first started dating and his attraction for me grew - ironically just as he put on a tiny bit of pudge (he had lost his job at the time). But even though he did, I still felt (and still do feel) extremely attracted to him.

So yes, looks are 100% important but they matter less when you actually give a shit about the person.

Most Helpful Guy

• I mean I believe that if any relationship I am in is to be succesful, then I must find the girl I'm dating to be physically attractive and the girl must find me physically attractive. I mean it's hard to say "how much" attractive, but above average certainly. But I don't think that you need to think your partner is the most attractive person in the world physically, for a relationship to work.

What Girls Said 11

• I'm extremely attracted to my SO. Not physically, but we just have a spark. I can't really explain it tbh. It's chemistry I guess lol.

• If I start liking the dude he becomes extremely attractive to me smh.
    Even if at the start I thought he was just slightly above average

• I think you need to be very attracted if not the relationship wouldn't work and it would only be leading on. If you're not really into someone (both physically and personality) it won't last long.

• I think some people settle bc they might be in a rush and just need to be with someone, but for me I have to be attracted to themin more ways than one

• obviously people settle. id rather be single.

• yah I'm very attracted to my boyfriend. his personality makes him that much more attractive. he has a heart of gold, he really dose.

• I would never settle for anyone. Both attractiveness and personality are very important to me.

• It's not bad that you wouldn't settle... I wouldn't. But People do.

• Yeah I'll date a

• i dnt have a boyfriend but yeah, attraction is very important. i can relate hahaha.

• lol I don't want to settle

What Guys Said 7

• If there's no attraction how will you enjoy yourself? If people settle for someone they're not attracted to it won't last. Of course I'm physically attracted to her, otherwise I wouldn't be with her.

• You *have to be* attracted to them physically. They don't have to be your dream pinup, but you have to find them irresistible or else you are just deluding yourself.

• dude I'll talk to you after 5 years if you haven't socialised enough after college, then I guess you will get your answer. for me, I am going back to college so I will another shot to socialize and create good connections.

• I'll settle for a girl I'm both physically and mentally attracted to
    And I'll make sure she'll feel the same :P

• I'm single boyo. But if I had a girlfriend you can bet your ass she'd be hot.

• A lot of people settle

• No matter what people say, looks are more important. But sometimes people settle for less because they were to judgey in their youth,