What's your stance on letting a woman pay for a date?

Valentine's day is in 5 days and I was planning a romantic evening for my girlfriend. My girlfriend is 19 and claimed she felt bad about me paying for our dates. She told me she wants to pay for our night out on the 14th. What would you be your stance on that?

Most Helpful Girl

• My partner and I tend to go 50/50 but there are times when I'll pay for the whole thing, and he'll just pay the next time. That way it's fair :) I don't see any problem with a woman paying for either half or the total of the date if she wants to do so.

Most Helpful Guy

• It takes a man to let her pay, put your ego aside and show your worth in a different way. Money is easy to throw around and expect you did something 'special'

• I did and let her do it. We've been together for almost 2 years. I need to see her as my equal.

What Girls Said 4

• I think she's trying to make a sweet gesture of appreciation and you should allow her to give you that gift. I took my boyfriend out for Valentine's Day last year too.

• My boyfriend and I go 50/50 all of the time. It's fairer and there's never an argument over who should pay or not. It's fine if she wants to pay, nothing wrong with that.

• If I planned it I'd want to pay for it... so if your plans then in my opinion you should pay for it but I'd be offended if a guy didn't let me pay normally. I preffer to pay on the first date... that way he doesn't feel pressure to an I don't have to worry about the "split" thing which makes it a hang out and not a date in my opinion... if he doesn't let me pay because I'm a woman that's usually the end of the attraction for me.

• I'd be ok paying for my boyfriends Valentine's meal or date. There's got to be a little give and take between a couple. One person shouldn't always have to foot the bill. Valentine's day is for guys to enjoy too, it's not solely for a girl to be treated in a romantic way

What Guys Said 17

• let her pay. i have no problem if my wife wants to pay for a date.

• She's your girlfriend, she can give you a treat, I'm sure you've done that too. You shouldn't even have to pay for every date, though... :/

• Well she has wanted to pay in the past but I tell not to because well.. I love her and want to be a gentleman.

• I think women should always pay on the first date. As a man, we like to be wined and dined. I just feel like she only wants me for sex if she makes me pay.

• My girlfriend feels the same way. So when we go on dates, I pay sometimes, and she lays sometimes. At the beginning of a relationship, I think traditionally the man should pay. But after a while, it's up to each couple.

• I would like it.

• Yeah sure its cool.

• Well she offering, so why not? Do you pay for other dates? Doesn't seem like it'll bother her to pay this time. If it bothers you just split the bill.

• They should do it

• I never allow anyone to pay for me under no circumstances , period for any reason. If a date only consist of who's going to pay... then dates offf. In fact , I don't date at all. Completely eliminated that introductory prosess, and adopted into accual relationship instead... works perfect for both.

• As a man I will always pay for My woman. A date where am getting to know a chick I pay no more than 2 dates after that no more paying til she's My woman.

• I don't care either way. Whoever can should pay for their own things, and if someone can't, it's definitely polite to ask them to ship in what they can.

• how romantic that she pays😂
    yeah go for it
    its fair

• If she wants to ok, but i have no problem paying

• I'd tell her not to feel bad about it, then I would still pay for it.

• Never happens.

• I guess you can still pay since she is very considerate.

• Love it. If she pays she's gettin it, simple as that.