Why is he being protective towards me?

I've been dating this guy for a month now. He is 11 years my senior and he keeps displaying these behaviours when we are out together. We mostly hang out when it's dark outside and I've noticed that he keeps holding almost every door open for me and then he lets me go first and when I need the toilet he will walk me to the nearest cafe with a toilet and wait outside until I get back out.

one time we were both crossing the road and a car pulled out and he reached his arm out towards me and seemed concerned and pulled me back gently with his arm

Another time at the end of our date there was a drunk couple being rowdy and loud near me and he told me to stand near him

One other time we were both crossing the road and there were no cars, only a car in the distance and he pulled me back with his arm and told me to wait

Sometimes when we are walking out together, he asks me if I'm cold

Why does he want to protect me?

31

Most Helpful Guy

• c'mon lol. he's your boyfriend

Most Helpful Girl

• He like you I'm sure but dang that's a little much. My boyfriend loves me and he let's me cross the road alone. I would be concerned about control issues but that's just me.

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Girls Said 2

• He cares about you and likes you a lot. It's nice of him.

• This is normal boyfriend behavior.